Before you ask please READ THIS

Social Icons in mini footer not working

in Photon Posts: 36
Hi Guys,

The footer area where the social icons shows the below error;

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/wp-content/themes/photon-a13/advance/utilities/layout_parts.php on line 665

This happened after i tried to enter a mailto link in the email section for emails to me.

Can you advise.

Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

Could you send me screen shot are copy what you have inserted there exactly?
    I am not sure what can be the problem.

With kind regards.
    When I go into theme options for social icons everything is blank so no text in the fields. I have tried changing any text but basically For email icon I entered so when you click on mail icon it opens up a new email.

The error I get on the website is in the screenshot. It seems to have broken the social icon settings as no longer updates any of the icons if I save again in the options. How do I go back to how it was before?
    IMG_7175.PNG
    1242 x 2208 - 1M
  • AirAir
    Very strange. I will have to take a look myself.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
    Have sent you temp login details to the site now
    Have you been able to fix the problem ?
  • AirAir
    I wrote private massage to you yesterday, that you login data doesn't work. Do you receive our notification e-mail on address that you registered on forum?

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    edited April 2017 Posts: 10,970
    I am not sure what happened in your installation, however try such solution:
    Go to file photon-a13\advance\customizer\custom_controls\class-A13_Customizer_Socials_Control.php line ~15
    and change
    $current_settings = json_decode($value, true);
    to
    $current_settings = array();

Next try to edit your social icons. Save changes.
    Next revert code to old one, and again try to save you social icons.

Tell me how it went. Hope it will solve this issue.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi, Can you advise how I get to the above section. You do have the login details so would be great if you could amend the code as I am not comfortable doing it.

Thanks.
  • AirAir
    I think I explained everything, just read again :-)
    This changes have to be done by FTP, I don't have access to your FTP.
    If you like send me temporary FTP access via private message and I will try to do it.

With kind regards.
    Hi, I tried the above steps and it made no difference. I still get the error as show above. The thing is also when I go into customise and social settings the section is 'Saved' when I enter anything into the social icons this does not change to 'Save' - not sure if that helps in identifying the issue at all.
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/varmod5/public_html/wp-content/themes/photon-a13/advance/utilities/layout_parts.php on line 665
    this is the error shown where the social icons should be
    Have sent you a message with FTP login details