Before you ask please READ THIS

Size of page and sidebar

in Rife Posts: 127
Hi ! :)

I have a forum plugin with dedicated sidebar that I can set up in widgets.

Previously, you gave me the css to modify the size of page and sidebar, and it works well, but on this forum page, it doesn't work. When I put "global settings" and "sidebar on the right" in page details (page editor section), it displays the default sidebar, cause there is only "page default" in scrolling menu in page details, not wpforo sidebar.

So, to display the wpforo sidebar, I must say "global settings" in sidebar section, but then the size of page is too small, and the sidebar too wide.

Do you know what I must change to fix this ? I hope I have been clear enough. :)

Thank you !

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello!

So you only see desired sidebar(wpforo sidebar) if you set in Sidebar option "Global settings" value, right?

It doesn't seem connected, as this option only choose side of sidebar.

Anyway it would be best if I could take a look, but I also have different idea.

You could:
    1. create new sidebar in theme options , Customizing -> Add custom Sidebars ,
    2. in this new sidebar, in widgets menu, put same widgets as in wpforo sidebar
    3. choose this new sidebar page settings.

With kind regards.

• No, what I see in page details, Sidebar to show > "default for pages". But not wpforo sidebar.

Ok, I will try this, thanks !
  • Well, no, it doesn't work, it shows 2 sidebars instead of one, and the custom sidebar doesn't display the avatars of members like the wpforo widget does. So I just want to increase the width of the forum and reduce width of sidebar, but I cannot find the proper css to do it.
  • I think I found the css for the forum that is

#wpforo-wrap .wpforo-content {
    width: 69%;

But I can't find the one for the sidebar (I use the inspect function in chrome).

Also, I don't know if I have to modify this css in wpforo plugin css, or in this main css ?

And I am a little worried : I added some custom css before in rife customizing (many stuffs that you helped me with), and now, custom css section is blank. My custom css is not in it anymore, do you know why ?

Thank you !
  • AirAir
    OK, so this is some special page, where sidebar is added automatically.
    contentologue said: And I am a little worried : I added some custom css before in rife customizing (many stuffs that you helped me with), and now, custom css section is blank. My custom css is not in it anymore, do you know why ?
    There are two sections: Additional CSS(that was added by WordPress in version 4.4 or 4.5) and custom CSS from theme settings. Be sure you check proper one. However you can add your CSS in any of them.
    contentologue said: Also, I don't know if I have to modify this css in wpforo plugin css, or in this main css ?
    Add this new CSS to theme custom CSS

contentologue said:
    But I can't find the one for the sidebar (I use the inspect function in chrome).
    Send me access to this page, and I will try to make CSS for you. Do i as always by private message.

With kind regards.
  • I finally found the good selectors (css files were hidden in wpforo deep folders...), and I could change it the right way.

Thank you for your help ! Indeed, there are 2 custom css now...
  • AirAir
    That is great!

Have a great day Sophie!