Before you ask please READ THIS

Thumbs showing as broken on translated albums with wpml media translation

in Photon Posts: 3
Hi, I bought Photon five month ago and I did the update to 1.3.2 with no problem at all until I upgraded WPML to the latest version : sitepress-multilingual-cms 3.7.1, wpml-translation-management 2.3.1, wpml-string-translation 2.5.4, wpml-media-translation 2.2.0.

There I noticed a bug in all translated albums : All the Thumbs are showing as broken... (only on the admin, the front end is ok : http://pascalebeneteau.com/ )
I have opened a ticket on wpml's forum : https://wpml.org/fr/forums/topic/bug-daffichage-des-photos-dans-ledition-dalbums-traduits-du-theme-photon/ (sorry it's in french)

The ticket is saying that there seemes to be a problem between the custom post type of the albums in Photon and the plugin wpml-media-translation from version 2.1.23 onward...
The moderator is sending the détails of the problem to the "wpml compatibility team" and said that someone will contact you to disqus the problem with you.

On your forum I sadly noticed that your are ending the support for Photon. I know, evrery one wants to move forward to new projects ;-)

But then again from my point of view using Photon is a new and exiting experience, so if you could repair it one last time, I would be most grateful to you :-)

If you need to see the bug "live" I can grant you ftp and wp admin access to the staging site : http://pascalebeneteau.tk/

Thank you

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)

Thank you for your message.
    Don't worry I will try to help you with that :-) It will also benefit other projects if we will solve this ;-)

If you would setup for me account with access, that would be lovely, as I could see exactly why it thinks images are deleted. I have some idea what could be happening, but nothing tells more as live example.

Please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP. Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • AirAir
    jmbis said: On your forum I sadly noticed that your are ending the support for Photon. I know, evrery one wants to move forward to new projects ;-)
    Yes, Photon and Thirteen were last projects that didn't catch our new style of working on framework, that give us way to support themes for as long as we live, and not as for long as someone wants to buy them:-)

We had to drop support of Photon, cause lack of interest in it. I hate that we had to do it. Fortunately this will not happen to any other theme starting from FatMoon :-)

I am glad you are enjoying Photon;-)
    Hi Air, thank you for your well apreciated help :-)
    I have open a wp admin account + ftp access to the site and send them to you by mail.
    Thank's again ;-)
    jm
  • AirAir
    Fixed:-)

OK, so I prepared album display previously for WPML, and it worked fine for backend and frontend however now it looks different. I have made such changes in code on your server, please report if you face other issues cause of them:

file photon-a13\advance\cpt_album.php line ~23
    from
    $ids[] = $images_videos_array[ $i ]['id'];
    to
    if(defined( 'ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION') ){
    $ids[] = apply_filters( 'wpml_object_id', $images_videos_array[ $i ]['id'], 'post', true );
    }
    else{
    $ids[] = $images_videos_array[ $i ]['id'];
    }
    line ~49
    from
    if(defined( 'ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION') && !$for_admin ){
    to
    if(defined( 'ICL_SITEPRESS_VERSION')  ){

With kind regards.
    Air, Wow! That was fast action :-) The bug is gone, perfect. Wonderful, thank you very much !

After all, you are a fairy ;-)