Before you ask please READ THIS

Wrong number of footer columns / title in the next column

Hi support team,

I am using a separate team plugin and this works perfect together with your theme. But if I put the team carousel as a widget in the third column (as shows on my website fotografie.io) the title "Fotografen" will be generated to the next (fourth) column. I tried it with the text and the shortcode widget - not differences. It would be great if someone has an idea to solve this issue.

Kind regards, harald

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello:-)

It looks that this shortcode is badly created, and it outputs its code too early, and cause of it braking footer layout.

Hard to tell exactly but looks like it is not appropriate for widgets.

What plugin are you using exactly?

With kind regards.
    Hi,... thank you for your fast responds. I will forward your comment to the plugin author. I am using IAM team, which I brought from themeforest.net IMO this plugin matches perfectly to your theme.

Kind regards, Harald

• AirAir
    OK, great. Keep me updated. If plugin author will ping pong you back, then I will take closer look at your installation.

With kind regards.
    Hi, ...until now there is no responds from the plugin author. Maybe he is working on it. Could you be so kind, as proposed, to take a look at it and I will forward you impression to him.

Thanks in advanced, harald
  • AirAir
    Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress and FTP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
    Hi, ...thank you very much. Here come the requested information:
    ...but how can I send this kind of information to you? There is no privacy button to make sure no one can read this information except you.
  • AirAir
    Hi, please read my previous post once again, there are instructions how to do it :-)
  • AirAir
    edited November 2017 Posts: 10,970
    Checked and indeed plugin need fixing. I have left comment on plugin author page https://codecanyon.net/item/iam-responsive-team-showcase-wordpress-plugin/20652231/comments?page=1&filter=all#comment_18138064

With kind regards.

PS. If you are happy with this theme please don't forget to rate us on ThemeForest - it helps us a lot! Thanks! How to rate? http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/038/8/5/how_to_rate_a_file_template_by_cooledition-d4oxno5.jpg
    Post edited by Air on
    Thank you so much helping me to fix this issue, which is not yours. And yes, I already rate your theme and the excellent support with six out of five stars;-)

Kind regards, Harald
  • AirAir
    Thanks Harald:-)
    Hope developer helped you in fixing issue with his plugin!

With kind regards.
    Hi Air, ...until now: No! Thought about today, if I should ask you how difficult it is to fix this issue by myself. I am originally a Smalltalk and F# programmer and have nothing todo with PHP ;-) After nine days there where no responds to your comment. Very sad.

Kind regards, harald
  • AirAir
    Fix should be fairly easy. I would do it last time, but I didn't had access to FTP, and I didn't want to do it by editor build in WordPress cause this could end in breaking your site temporary :-)

Listen, send me temporary FTP access by private message, and I will fix it. Then I will write here exactly what I have changed.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    OK I have fixed that for you.

Add this custom CSS to fix styling:
    .foot-widgets .widget.iam-team-showcase {
        width: 100%;
        margin: 0;
        float: none;
    }
    For some reason author of this plugin added class .widget to this module, that breaks look. It shouldn't be there.

I have edited file /plugins/iam_team_showcase/includes/iam_team_showcase_shortcode.php and just added at begging of function:
    ob_start();

and at end

$output = ob_get_clean();

return $output;
    to make sure that none of a code output leaks too fast.

With kind regards.
    Hi, ... thank you so much for your support. You're awesome. It now looks perfect. Again thank you very much. Should I inform the plugin author about what you did for me?

Kind regards, Harald
  • AirAir
    Sure, you can link him here even, if he cares to fix his plugin.

With kind regards.