Before you ask please READ THIS

H1 tags

going through some SEO stuff and it keeps flagging that H1 tags are missing.

It keeps quoting the H3 tags in the hidden sidebar as the most important.

How do I change this please?

Comments

• AirAir
    edited January 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hello there:-)

H1 tags are in theme title bars if you use them.
    Hidden sidebar is added at end of page code, so it shouldn't affect your site SEO.

If you don't use title bars and don't provide any titles yourself then, sure it will collect first title it encounters - from widgets in sidebar.

So questions is: do you want to switch off hidden sidebar or do you want to fix your SEO by providing meaningful title tags(in content or before it)?

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • fix the SEO.. tried adding h1 tags in content, h1 tags in the title bar but nothing seems to show up on set check
  • AirAir
    What tool do you use for checking? Maybe your site or this tool has some cache that prohibits you from seeing changes right away?

With kind regards.
  • im using about 6-7 different online versions.. and clearing caches before ai do anything

been trying for 5 days now, thought i would be able to work it out.. can you have a look for me please?
  • AirAir
    Sure. Could you send me link to page in question. I will inspect it and check what could be the reason.

By the way send me link to 1 or 2 of those tools that you have been using.

With kind regards.
  • Hi I added the H1 tags into the hidden sidebar header and that worked.. not a great solution but still a solution.
  • AirAir
    Maybe it is solution for pleasing tools that you use but I would not relay on such solution. You know where to find me if you need assist :-)