Before you ask please READ THIS

Main menu breaks into 2 lines.

Hello,

I bought your theme and I like it alot! Very easy-to-use and perfect for getting fast and beautiful result just with a few good-looking pictures.

One question about the (sticky) main menu:

In our case it has to switch to the mobile version earlier – otherwise the menu becomes a second line and that doesn´t look well (the "contact" switches to line 2 when the screen with is less than 1400px).

At which place in the theme can I change the media queries – css "@media only screen and (max-width : 1400px)" – for switching to the mobile menu opener (icon "hamburger")?

By the way: we do not need the socials and tools parts in the menu (yet).

Thanks alot for your support and happy theme selling :)

Bernd.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello Bernd:-)

It would not be easy to do it, as this thing is controlled by JS & CSS, so it could be lot of moving.
    Also switching to mobile menu @ 1400 is not best user experience ;-)

Better lets hide unused part of theme header with this custom CSS:
    @media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
    .header-variant-one_line_centered .socials-cell, .header-variant-one_line_centered .tools-cell {
        width: 0;
    }
    }
    It would work much better.

Generally I would recommend trying different header variant instead of switching to mobile menu too early, as having menu items visible is just so much better for usability.

With kind regards.
  • Hello Air,

thanks for your reply!

this is how the page looks now after I paste the custom CSS you posted above (screenshot from safari browser). the menu isn´t in the center of the browser window anymore.

any other idea?

thanks for your support,

bernd.
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-03-12 um 13.32.06.png
    1448 x 541 - 949K
  • ps. I think I got it :) "display:none;" instead of "width: 0;" then it looks in safari, firefox and chrome the same.
  • AirAir
    Nice:-)

Sorry about that. For some reason it worked for me when I tested it. But I believe you are right :-)

With kind regards.
  • your solution works perfect in firefox ;)

thanks for your support & all the best,

bernd.