Before you ask please READ THIS

Scrolling Speed of Scroller Parallax Album

The scrolling speed of albums on my site using Scroller Parallax is fine if viewed on Ubuntu/Firefox, iPad Mini, Android Smartphone and Windows/Edge.

But if I access my site on my iMac macOS/Safari, macOS/Firefox and MacBook macOS/Safari the scrolling speed of the Scroller Parallax goes to WARP!

And I mean real light-speed. It is way to fast to be able to scroll through the pictures from the albums.

Is there a way to adjust the scrolling speed or the sensitivity of Scroller Parallax in any way?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

It seems like some error, but I don't have iMac to confirm is it only your machine issue, or generally it acts bad on macOS. Until now no one reported such issue with macOS. I will ask friend to take a look at it and will get back with results.

If you could also test it on other macOS computer, it would be great for confirmation.

However we have taken this week free from work, so please be patient :-)

With kind regards.
    Hello Air,

I witnessed this first on the MacBook/macOS of a friend.
    I double checked this on the iMac/macOS I got at my office; same result.
    I also checked if the error occured in Safari only, but it also happens with Firefox running on macOS.

Same thing happens on the Photoproof Demo / Fullscreen Scroller:
    https://rifetheme.com/photoproof/

It's really scrolling at warp speed!

And no worries, enjoy the week :-)

Kind regards,

Maurice
  • AirAir
    I think I know what you mean now :-) When I scroll with mouse wheel then it is OK. However when scrolling with touchpad it scrolls like crazy:-)
    Indeed touchpad fire so many scroll events that it is treated like faster then mouse wheel. I will check what can be done, thanks for pointing this out!

With kind regards.
    That's it! The mouse I got at the office is indeed one with a touchpad. Thanks Air.
    Hello Air,

I've been getting the issue too! it's a big problem for anyone accessing the site on a laptop and using the track-pad. I'm primarily accessing it from a Windows 10 machine and have the issue on Firefox and Chrome. Mobile and desktops with a mouse are fine.

Were you able to find a solution?

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

As I said it will come with next update, probably today/tomorrow. This is not so critical issue to break the whole schedule ;-)

It will be fixed by limiting top speed.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    edited May 2018 Posts: 10,970
    I have limited scroll event to be at max fired 10 times per 1 second, it means 10 images can be scrolled in that time. It is much slower but still allows the user to speed scroll with mouse wheel.

Problem with touchpads it that they have momentum, unlike mouse wheel, and when you release touch-pad, scroll events still fire for some time cause of mentioned above momentum. Same happens when you scroll the document in a window, that is why you should scroll very slowly, to not find your self at end of 100-page document ;-)

Once the update is release, please tell me what you think.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi again, So I've noticed that on your demo pages the scroll is nice and slow but on my page it's still crazy fast. I'm not too well versed with wordpress so I may have missed something obvious.

Is it enough to simply make sure everything is updated in the wordpress admin area? or do I need to re-upload everything and create the site from the ground up?

Thank you
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

You should just update the theme, and refresh cache in your browser while viewing your site - should be fine then :-)

To update theme please follow this https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/installation-updating/updating-theme/manual-theme-update/

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

The scrolls improved a lot on my machine but those with macbooks and other windows devices seem to have the issue still. It's making my site look very unproffessional at the moment so how can I disable the mouse scroll on that gallery completely? So the user can only navigate the gallery via the arrow keys or by click and drag for mobile.

Thanks,
  • AirAir

Are you sure you have cleared cache in your windows machine?

It should work fine in every browser. You said before that on our demo it works fine for you https://rifetheme.com/photoproof/ - is this still true for you?

With kind regards.
    Hi Air, It works fine for me on my windows machine, but I've had feedback from other users, especially macusers saying that the scroll is uncontrollable (they're using macbook trackpads). I don't know if I just need to wait for their cache to clear?

But in all honesty, on my machine it's still a bit to fast to control it (it's much slower and matches the rife theme link you gave) but it's not a useful speed. I would like to know if it can be disabled.

This is my site: https://bespokecaptures.com/
    (still working on my SSL at the moment, use this link: http://bespokecaptures.com/)
  • AirAir

Sorry, I have misread your previous message, and though there is an issue on Windows.

So in August you have said it is "nice and slow", and now you say:
    vimalm said: in all honesty, on my machine it's still a bit to fast to control it (it's much slower and matches the rife theme link you gave) but it's not a useful speed.
    Nothing has changed since then, so I am not sure why you have such different opinion right now.

There is no option to disable it currently, and I have just closed update that I want to release in max 2 days.
    I don't think I will be able to add anything else till next update. It is really worst timing with this feedback today ;-)

However, we can use this time to find good middle ground :-) Is there a chance that you could record me a video how fast it is on your computer, and how crazy fast it is on some of your client's macs?

With kind regards.

Hi Air,

Thanks for your quick responses!! very helpful.

Initially the scrolling speed was nice visually after it was slowed down. But using it now to say scroll to the next image is really difficult, I always end up skipping a couple of images. So after noticing that, it is actually too fast still.

I'll send a video of this where its too fast on a mac. It might just be a case that it is slowed down as well on macs but users are still finding it too fast to be useful. I'll check this.

It's a shame as its a really nice theme and the scrolling effect as a design is slick!

Thanks,
    Vimal
  • AirAir

Today should be released an update for PhotoProof. For the test, in this update, I have reduced scrolls per second by half, so now max 5 photos can be scrolled per second. You can view it on our demo http://rifetheme.com/photoproof/

Let me know what you think.

With kind regards.