Before you ask please READ THIS

Link color, hover color, and separator color dif on only 1 page...?

in Rife Posts: 13
Hello, I have been working on my Rife themed site for a few days and while I am learning as I go I do have some questions. I found answers to many of my questions already. Many from this forum and from youtube. Time is becoming an issue and searching isn't yielding any results on this one.

Anyway I am close to grasping all of it, but need help. On my shop page or "goods" page, when the page loads my header has different colors than what it is set at. As soon as you scroll down it switches to the correct colors, but once at the top of the page again it goes back to the default colors. This is also the case for the separator on this page.

page: observemore.com

Can you please help?

Oh and before I forget... I need a good and easy to use slider for my home page. Are there any image sliders that Apollo 13 would recommend for the Rife Pro theme? Please advise and thank you for your time!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

Unfortunately, your website is in coming soon mode so I can not view it.
    RSBOM said: On my shop page or "goods" page, when the page loads my header has different colors than what it is set at.
    I suppose you have header color variant active for your shop page. https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/customizing-the-theme/header/variant-light-dark-overwrites/

You can easily disable this feature if you don't plan to use it. You can also check in Appearance → Customize → Shop Settings → Products list → Header color variant and switch it to Normal
    RSBOM said: Oh and before I forget... I need a good and easy to use slider for my home page. Are there any image sliders that Apollo 13 would recommend for the Rife Pro theme? Please advise and thank you for your time!
    We have our slider, for example, https://rifetheme.com/fully/ you can use it as shortcode anywhere you want if you like: https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/content-management/shortcodes/slider/

If this is not what are you looking for, please let me know more details.

With kind regards.
    Thank you for your reply. The support is greatly appreciated believe me!

We were able to figure out both issues I asked about over the weekend. We ended up going with Smart Slider 3 and find that it is very customizable and very easy to maintain.

We did run into another issue though that we cannot figure. We installed the plugin "SVG Support" because it allows us to use vector files directly on our site. This is working great accept for the header logo. The customizer accepts the file and it shows in the customizer upload window. It also shows in the header just fine when viewing it from the customizer as long as the controls aren't hidden. As soon as you view the page in full screen (hide controls and when viewing page normally) the logo is gone. Expand the controls and you can see it again. When we put a .png file back in there it works perfectly, but we would prefer to use an SVG file here. Is it possible to use an SVG file for the header logo? Please advise what can be done to remedy this if possible.
  • AirAir
    Hey again :-)

Glad you were able to solve it. Unfortunately, I couldn't help you earlier, as we don't work at weekends.

Currently, there is no support for SVG logos in theme, but it is getting closer on my TODO list :-) It should come around version 2.0 of Rife Theme.

With kind regards.
    We will be on the look out for the newest version then.

I have another question regarding the works list. I would like to change the color of the work title on the works list page. I have it set to be below instead of hovering. This is not the title bar for the work page, but the title that goes underneath each work on the works list page. It seems to default to a black font and I would like to change it to the one of the specific colors I am using for other text by using the hex code.

Thank you for being so quick to respond this is really helping. We are trying to push to have the site published this Friday.
  • AirAir
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hello :-)

If you have other question that is on a different subject, please start a new topic next time. This way it helps other users find useful topics/questions/answers. Thanks:-)

To answer your question:
    RSBOM said: It seems to default to a black font and I would like to change it to the one of the specific colors I am using for other text by using the hex code.
    You can always attach a screenshot to make it more clear, but I think I know which element you are talking about. Please use this custom CSS:
    .variant-under .object-item h2{
        color: #141414;
    }
    RSBOM said: Thank you for being so quick to respond this is really helping.
    We are prioritizing support for Rife Pro, so I am glad you can benefit from fast replies. However, as you see fast replies come only when we don't sleep ;-)

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Thank you for your help. If I have any additional questions I will create a new discussion.