Before you ask please READ THIS

Starter Theme - Header Settings missing

in Starter Posts: 6
I'm trying to change the logo in the starter theme. On every help page it says "go to 'Appearance - Customize - Header Settings'" ...but 'header settings' is missing on my customize page.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks in advance

Comments

• AirAir
    edited July 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hey :-)

Very strange that you are missing these settings. Do you see other settings Panels like on the screenshot in the documentation here: https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/how-to-use-customizer/
    customizer panels
    With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    nope. When I hit Appearance - Customize I see this (see attached image). It's not even near the screenshot in the documentation.
    panel.jpg
    345 x 351 - 14K
  • AirAir
    I see 2 possibilities:
    1. The theme is somehow not installed fully. Try reinstalling it.
    2. Some plugin is blocking our customizer settings. Try deactivating plugins.

Only another situation when I have seen similar issue was old WordPress version or server misconfiguration.

Try these solutions and let me know.

With kind regards.
    ok I will try to reinstall the theme. It's a fresh install I've used only one plug-In (coming soon). Is there a way to export my settings so I don't have to redo everything?
  • AirAir
    You will not lose theme settings or content if you only reinstall the theme.

However, you can export theme settings alone, but as you changed nothing in customizer, then you will not have anything to export ;-)

https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/installation-updating/exporting-theme-options/

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    If you have only 1 plugin, then it has to be something else.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
    wonderful. thanks for your help. Just sent a private message.
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Thanks for data.
    You have an old version of the Starter theme, and what is worse you have the version that was released by mistake with a bug in Customizer. What are the chances ;-)

Please update the theme as explained here https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/installation-updating/updating-theme/manual-theme-update/

If you want I can do it for you. I would do it already, but not sure if you made any modifications in theme files that you would like to move to the new version.

With kind regards.
    Ah I see. Ok well if you want to update it that would be fantastic. I didn't modify anything so it's fine from my end.

Thank you so much for your help.
  • AirAir
    Done :-)

In case of the logo, please remember it is defined in a few places depending on the situation https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/header/variant-light-dark-overwrites/

In this case, you may want to look into Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Sticky header – overwrites → Logo image & Logo image for HIGH DPI screen.

With kind regards.
    aaah wonderful. This is the best support experience I've ever had with a wordpress theme author hands down! Thank you so much. Whenever I need a wordpress theme for anything I'll look at your product(s) first.