Before you ask please READ THIS

Redesign simple website with Rife/Elementor

in Rife Posts: 293
Hi Daniel

As discussed with Air I have now switched to Rife after creating quite a lot of Fatmoon sites. Now for one client with multiple site (based on each other) I need to redesign the site (https://lunique-foundation.org) with Elementor. Which approach would you recommend (original site created on the base of fatmoon onepage wiht quite some custom css) in order to recreate the exact same with Elementor (and loose WPBakery)?
Thanks for your inputs
Pascal

Comments

Hello Pascal

In my opinion, you should start your journey with the Elementor as soon as possible because it is a much better builder than WPBakery.
    From what you see you have experience with the WPBakery so it should not be a problem for you to start with a new tool.

You can start with this tutorial: https://apollo13themes.com/basic-elementor-plugin-tricks/ . There you can find useful points which help you recreate L'unique website.

First of all, work on your client's website just create a new page and install the Elementor plugin and start to copy your home page.

In the end, I can help you with anchors.

P.S If you find something hard or you're stuck with something let me know and ill guide you.

Best Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Hi Daniel

Thanks for your reply! I actaully already started as I don't want to abuse your support. Luckily the website I have to redo is not too complicated so it's a good tutorial for me. But I'm sure I will run into problems at one point or another and your helpt will be gladly appreciated

Thanks, Pascal
    Of course, Pascal, let me know if you find something not clear :)

Best Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Hi Daniel

Thanks.. and already my first (newbie) question. As you can see in https://test.lunique-foundation.org the columns (History Mission Action) narrow as wished when making the browser window smaller .. but if I make it wider a some point it just stretches the background and the colums do not become wider as it is in my WPBakery Version https://lunique-foundation.org. I cannot fin the settings for the procentual apdaption of the columns ... can you help?
    Thanks, pascal
    Just found the solution myself... using full width for both outer and inner section and adding padding to inner section did the trick :) Sorry for bothering!
    Pascal
    I was out of the office for two hours, I'm glad you found it :)
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    No Problem! In the meanwhile I bought pro version of Elementor as I needed to have post grids and so on. So now a new question: in the original site I use "Load More" to reveal more of my post list. It doesn't seem to exist in Elementor since all I see is pagination that actually goes to next page.. this seems very odd.. do you know of a solution? Same sites as in messages above!
    Thanks, Pascal
    and another one that came up.. sorry, but in Tablet or Phone mode the Post list title and excerpt doesn't show! (it's set to visible for those views).. help :)
  • AirAir
    Hey Pascal :-)

I will only refer to your need for post grids.
    You don't need Elementor Pro. You can use them with shortcodes like we do in our Demos/Designs. Please check this: https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/content-management/shortcodes/post-list/

With kind regards.
    Hi Daniel

Thanks for your reply. But to be honest this seems like a downgrade from Fatmoon as the options the design the post grid was not relying on short codes. Also I was under the impression you could help me with that issue as you did for the origninal site providing css that would allow me to recreate that site as it was before but going your way by choosing rife pro with elementor...

Cheers, Pascal
    Hello Pascal

Air sent you the previous message, not me ;)
    From what I see you bought the Pro version of Elementor for just post grid and load more effect, right?
    Unfortunately, there is no "load more" effect in the Pro version (to be honest I was also convinced that they added such an option). I spend some time to find a solution for that and I found this plugin: https://www.livemeshthemes.com/elementor-addons/addons-demo/#demo-section This plugin extend the possibilities of the Elementor Free and it looks like they much better handle a post grid (including the load more effect).

Right now you can refund your Pro version of Elementor and buy only this plugin.

I'm sorry that you run on such problems but it looks like only the load more button is the problem.

With Regards
    Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Hi Daniel

Thank your for your fast replay.. and yes I know.. it was Air helping me so far and I know he's on a (deserved) holidays. And so far I have been more than happy with your support and help beyond regular support and I sure wanna stick with you and hopefully keep up a good relationship as I will use rife pro for all customers in the future and extend my Elementor knowledge etc.
    I will buy those extension and hope I further will have the priviledge of enjoying your great support!
    Pascal
  • AirAir
    edited August 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hey, AIr. here.

Sorry Pascal for confusing you with shortcodes, as I didn't know what you want them the post grid for.
    I wanted to give you info about them, cause they are part of the theme, and use theme styles, to display post grids, so they are a good option to use.

However, I understand that you would like a more visual interface for that.

I am writing this just as an explanation of my previous post. I am glad Daniel is helping you so well in finding solutions.

WIth kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi Air
    I hope you still get to enjoy your holidays!
    Thanks for getting back to me and explain! I did buy the add ons Daniel proposed and that did the trick (they also have a great support). But unfortunately I ran into a new problem. When clicking a post link instead of having a nice layout all I see is the post text and pre/next links and it's halfway hidden underneath the header? Any idea why?
    Thank you
  • AirAir
    Hey:-)

Still, I need to be online every day for at least 1 hour, but I try to use my short holidays :-)
    Can you send a link to this page, so we could see how it works? I may give us some hint what is going on :-)

With kind regards.
    Hey there
    Well as long as you still enjoy your holidays all is good! Of course you can have a link.. could have thought of it myself :)

https://test.lunique-foundation.org

Thanks, Pascal
    Hi once more
    First the good news: it seems the import of hte "old" website mixed with the new system (Elementor) has killed the posts. I tried making a new one and that did the trick. So this issue is solved... no need to look further.
    BUT (of course with me :)) I have more question regarding blog layouts... it looks like there is more or less only one (rife) design for single posts? No implemenation of galleries and so on.. or have I just not found how to do it?
    Thanks, Pascal
    PS: I hope once I'm used to rife and elementor you will get rid of me for a while ;)
  • AirAir
    Hello Pascal :-)
    Glad you have solved previous one.

In terms of your new questions, Rife has exactly the same things that FatMoon had.
    Galleries and layouts that were in the post will work here as well.

If you could explain in more details what you are missing, then I will try to help you find where did it hide :-)

With kind regards.
    Hello and thanks for your reply
    Unfortunately I will have to look into that later as another rife site (https://lunique.ch) is creating major problems as it's not accessible when using slider revolutions combined with https... no clue why that happens but it's a major issue (for me) as this is a beloved restaurant that needs to shoe that it will reopen.. can you help (urgent)?
    Thanks, Pascal
  • AirAir
    Hey Pascal :-)

I don't think the theme has anything to do with this, as themes don't have such power :-)
    The site "crashes" on the connection level, before any HTML is sent.

Please check if SSL certificate is up to date or contact your hosting provider.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi Air

Thanks for checking. I talked a long time with the provider and everything seems fine on their side. I took the question to Slider Revolution support as I bought a license for this site. I hope they will find out. In the meanwhile the site is running without SSL.
    In the mean while I have more issues that are probably connected to the theme.. sorry!
    I have used the add-ons Daniel recommended and they work fine. There I can control that the post list text is all written in capitals ... but I think that the single post is theme related and there I'd like to also have everything displayed written in capitals.. I hope that's an easy one for you!
    The next question is related to spacing issues. Wenn using Elementor to add a text editor field it always creates a margin above and below the text field. Elementor says it's not related to them but rather to the theme? See screenshot and mail-copy from Elementor.. hope you can help!

Huge thanks to you for all your help.. it's really appreciated!

---------
    Email Elementor:

Pascal:
    In my quest to get rid of those spaces between text editor bock I found out that the problem seems only related to text editor (not to title as it seems) and that when inspecting the element in chrome there seems to be a standard setting applied to elementor:
    p {
    display: block;
    -webkit-margin-before: 1em;
    -webkit-margin-after: 1em;
    -webkit-margin-start: 0px;
    -webkit-margin-end: 0px;
    }
    ---------
    Anatoly replied
    Aug 4, 13:06
    Hi Pascal, thanks for updates.

Elementor doesn't control the "p" tag styles, it is always controlled by your theme's CSS. And the CSS code that you have mentioned comes from your theme (most probably).

You can change the default padding of the "p" tags in your theme CSS file (we recommend using the Child theme CSS) or overwrite it in ELementor, but this can be done for the page, section/element only, Elementor doesn't have Global CSS option.
    Also, you can put your Custom CSS code under Appearance > Customize > Advanced CSS
    Bildschirmfoto-2018-08-04-um-16.11.01.jpg
    1528 x 1094 - 406K
    Bildschirmfoto-2018-08-02-um-19.15.35.jpg
    1430 x 934 - 261K
    Bildschirmfoto-2018-08-02-um-12.44.22.jpg
    1247 x 600 - 237K
    Hi Air

I'm having quite some troubles at the moment (in addition to all my problems above).. something is going wrong and I don't understand why.. might be the provider too? Can you relate to the error message in the attachment? Thanks, Pascal
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-05 um 19.36.24.png
    1288 x 1241 - 1M
  • AirAir
    Strange that hosting support didn't notice it is on the different level issue, not in site exactly. So I wouldn't count on Revolution Slider making any magic here, but I can be wrong:-)

I have a request: could you start new topics for different cases, as It is getting hard to reply to all those mixed issues. Also in addition to screenshots, links would help a lot in debugging all these issues :-)

I can not check your site, as I don't have a working link, but if it is p element then in the theme we have such style that you can overwrite in Custom CSS:
    .real-content > p, .entry-summary > p{
        margin: 0;
        padding: .85em 0;
    }
    However this style shouldn't affect paragraphs entered in elementor, so I expect it can be different style. Live link needed.

FLYART said: I'm having quite some troubles at the moment (in addition to all my problems above).. something is going wrong and I don't understand why.. might be the provider too? Can you relate to the error message in the attachment? Thanks, Pascal
    It is on configuration/server level. You are asking for files to domain without www from domain with www and that is prohibited due to security reasons.

Please check in your WordPress settings, what you have in Settings -> General -> Site address. It should be the same as in you address bar.
    You have to decide to either use www or "no www".

With kind regards.
    screenshot-devgc.kinsta.com-2018-08-06-15-31-11.png
    752 x 279 - 24K
    Post edited by Air on
    Hi Air

I hope you had great holidays.
    I will look into all your explanations in the coming days as I have to leave for business during two days. Provider is working on issues too.. seems like it goes deeper as they had to give the problem to second level support...
    And in the future I will make sure tp have separate threads per problem :)

Thanks a million
    Pascal
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info :-)

Have a safe trip Pascal!