Before you ask please READ THIS

Spacing between Elementor Text Fields

in Rife Posts: 293
Hi Air

I'm starting a new discussion specifically for the issue I have concerning the spacing above and below text editor fields.
As stated by Elementor the mentionned spacing is apparantly controlled by the theme settings.
But I did insert some custom css within Elementor which I cannot find anymore (disappeared? or hidden in an element where I cannot find it? It's a little complicated as Elementor has a custom css field for every element...). But when looking at the code this css is still around (see screenshot).
I wanted to revert to the site without that custom css and apply yours in the custom css field. Can you help?

Link to site: https://lunique-foundation.org/

Thank you
Pascal

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

It is hard to tell where you have added this CSS, but it seems like it is added in 4 places, so you need to do your search :-)

As for CSS you got from Elementor staff, it is rather useless as it only targets Chrome browser and Safari.

CSS I gave you will also not work for your scenario, so don't use it.

We have left all paragraphs with they default margins(defined by browsers) and we style only paragraphs in the text content of pages/posts.

I think the best approach would be to target paragraphs that you want to change.
    If however, you want to target all of them use this custom CSS(in customizer)
    p{
        margin-top: 0;
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }
    This will work for all browsers.

With kind regards.
    Hey Air

Thanks a lot!
    I will try to search for that CSS I put in there. Is it possible that (since Elementor doesn't seem to handle the p tag the CSS I placed in there doesn't show in the custom field but still makes its way to the code? I tried to search for it (there are not soooo many Elements but I didn't find anything at ll :neutral:

Sincerely, Pascal
  • AirAir
    If anything, I can try to look for you. Just send me access by private message. However, I will be able to do it tomorrow.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air

So I applied your CSS for the p tag. In Customizer is works fine.. but outside of that and in Elementor it doesn't seem to have any effect? See screenshot. Link to site: https://test.laqueria.ch
    Thanks, Pascal
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-18 um 11.59.38.png
    2554 x 1064 - 2M
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-18 um 12.00.12.png
    1219 x 1101 - 892K
    Hi Air.. thanks for your fast reply! Tomorrow would be fine.. BUT it seems the issue has resolved itself (I don't know why since I cleared caches and everything). But I the same logic I still have issues with the text editor implemented in many modules (for instance the tab module that uses it for content). When trying to apply a little style in the tabs (using titles and regualr text) I get huge vertical spaces that I cannot change (see screenshot). As you can only design the content of tabs with the text editor I'be been trying to find solutions with no success (the text editor seems so 1990 :)).. Maybe you can help?
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-18 um 15.57.24.png
    1138 x 1026 - 357K
  • AirAir
    Hey Pascal!

So these are another margins that we left for the browser of editor/builder to define. I believe we can add them to settings if they are getting problematic.

You can define default margins same as for p element(in custom CSS):
    h1{
    }
    h2{
    }
    h3{
    }
    h4{
    }
    h5{
    }
    h6{
    }
    Hope that helps :-)
    Hi Air

Thanks, that did the trick. And obviously a slider for these tags in settings would be a good idea.

But what would be a much better idea is having better design option (I'm taking about Elementor here) within the modules. Using columns with titles and textfields I have great control over my design but as soon as I switch to moudles like tabs or wahtever else I'm restricted to designing the content with this old school inflexible text editor.
    How great would it be when inserting a module to have secondary modules (titles, image, set.. as much as possible :)) that can be inserted in the tab module to control this content as well... just thinking out loud!

Thanks, Pascal

PS: How do I copy a full elementor module I created on a website to another website (insetead of redesigning it and input all margins and settings aso)?
  • AirAir
    Definitely, you have good ideas, and probably Elementor team will move this way with time. IF not, it is worth telling this to them ;-)
    FLYART said: PS: How do I copy a full elementor module I created on a website to another website (insetead of redesigning it and input all margins and settings aso)?
    Right Click on any element you want to copy, and click "Save as template" - then you should be able to import it on another page :-)

With kind regards.