Before you ask please READ THIS

Work Image with wrong aspect ratio

in FatMoon Posts: 5
I was working on a client website localy. Every thing was working fine but when I moved the site to a server, the featured image of Works starts to be generated with wrong aspect ratio (stretched), as you can see in the attached image.

Any one knows how to fix it.

thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

1. Can you show me a link to the page where it happens?
    2. Is it done with WPBakery post grid, or it is Works list page, or single work?

If this grid is the list of works, please check setting for works in Appearance → Customize → Works Settings → Works list → Choose brick proportion.

With kind regards.
    Hi, thanks for your response.

It's Works list page. I've configured brick proportion to 9:16. It was working on my local server but when I moved to online server it starts to resize featured images with wrong aspect ratio. You can check at http://www.jhma.com.br/clientes/cncia/coreografias/.

The first two images are distorted.
  • AirAir
    edited August 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Thanks for the link.

Have you uploaded these 2 images after moving site, or it just distorted these 2 while moving?

I have no clue yet, what could be happening, besides the image library from some plugin interfering.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    I've uploaded these two images after move the site.

The plugins are the same on both servers. All Wordpress configurations are the same on both servers.
  • AirAir
    Very strange, first time seeing this. We will find out what is going on :-)

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

• AirAir

Thanks for help! I was able to recreate this issue on my installation.

This issue is caused by the latest change when we swapped the order of preferred image resizing libraries. We changed those as this new one produces fewer artifacts. However, it seems it doesn't support the crop in proper way. I will look into this tomorrow.

What I did on your installation is swapped back those libraries in fatmoon/advance/inc/class-apollo13-image-resize.php line 27 from
        return array(
    		'A13IR_Image_Editor_Imagick',
    		'A13IR_Image_Editor_GD',
        );
    to
        return array(
    		'A13IR_Image_Editor_GD',
            'A13IR_Image_Editor_Imagick',
        );
    Now you have to remove cached image for your test image in wp-content/uploads/apollo13_images/header-impromptu-6qfj9f7690ann4omrdkuvkw7ytpbmncg2i.jpg

The new one will be done in proper proportion.

I will check tomorrow if I can keep better library with cropping working as it suppose to.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air.

Thanks for your support. I'll try the image upload with the new settings and let you know if everything is ok.
  • AirAir

I have found the issue. Only Works and Albums covers were affected by this, cause Crop was not defined properly for this better library. Fix will come with next update :-)

Thanks a lot for your help!

With kind regards.
    Nice! I'm looking foward for this update.

TKS