Before you ask please READ THIS

Header Design

in Rife Posts: 293
Hi Air

Again working on a new project and I hope I have learned my lessons from all the other projects to start well :)
For the new project I would love to design something similar in the header as in the "Jack Lagoon" demo. Of course not just what you did but use another shape and I'd like to have it on the left side.
Is that doable.. how do I get the info on that?

Thanks, Pascal

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey Pascal :-)

What we are talking about is shield logo ( https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/customizing-the-theme/header/logo/#using-shield-logo )

It is currently only available in header variant One line, logo centered so it is not possible to place it on the left side. That is possible in that variant cause logo is removed from "header content flow" by positioning it with the absolute relation. Hard to explain it ;-)

As for the shape of the "shield", it is SVG that is placed in file rife\header-variants\horizontal-one-line.php line ~63, there you can find code:
    <svg version="1.1" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" 
    viewBox="0 0 1000.000000 1256.000000">
    	<g transform="translate(0.000000,1256.000000) 
    scale(0.100000,-0.100000)" fill="#000000" stroke="none">
    		<path d="..."></path>
    	</g>
    </svg>
    You could overwrite this template in the child theme and add your own SVG shape. If you will use SVG that have different aspect ratio then I will help you with adjusting CSS for it to look good.

By the way, we were thinking about adding other shield shapes to choose from. Do you have something in mind that you wish to use there?

With kind regards.
    Hey Air

Thanks for your reply and details. I do have to admit that I have not really undestood why it cannot be place on the side (I will have to re-think if my layout would be working with the svg centered... hopefully it will.
    I was planing on using the shape of a guitar plectrum as it is the shape used for my clients logo and I thought it could be a fitting shape for that effect!

Is the fact that it is only possible in the centered version something that could change in the future?

Thanks, Pascal
  • AirAir
    FLYART said: I was planing on using the shape of a guitar plectrum as it is the shape used for my clients logo and I thought it could be a fitting shape for that effect!
    Sounds cool!
    FLYART said: Is the fact that it is only possible in the centered version something that could change in the future?
    I was thinking about this yesterday, to be honest :-) We had long run testing this type of logo in the most hardcore variant(centered logo with a menu on the same line) and there were no bigger issues so far with it.
    So I believe I could try to add the same option for another "one line" horizontal header variants. I will add this to investigation TODO list :-)

With kind regards.
    Hey Air

Well.. I sure hope your one line header with logo variant on the left makes it to the top of your TODO list.. I'll use it right away :)
    Keep me posted!
    Thanks, Pascal