Before you ask please READ THIS

Problems with Fatmoon

idaida
in FatMoon Posts: 46
Hi,
I have some issues with the Fatmoon theme.
Everything was working well on www.idalandsberg.net but all at once one menu point is not working anymore (Music & Media). Inside of the editor the page is perfectly set, but on the website it just appears as a blank page without any possibility to visualize anything nor to return to the main menu.

Also: I tried to update the Fatmoon theme, but once I install the new version the installation fails with the note that a theme already exists in this place (or something similar).
Kindly let me know.
Best,
I.L.

Comments

• AirAir
    edited October 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hey :-)

For updating theme please follow https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/installation-updating/updating-theme/manual-theme-update/

Make sure you will install and activate this plugin before installing update http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/easy-theme-and-plugin-upgrades/

----

About page that fails to show up: You can disable preloader for now, as there is JavaScript error and it breaks page while loading.
    This will make your page visible. To disable preloader go to Appearance → Customize → General settings → Page preloader - https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/general-settings/page-preloader/

JavaScript error probably comes from some plugin, so it will be a good idea to disable them one by one and check when the page will start working again. From the error message, I think it can be some plugin connected to media or playlist.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • idaida
    Dear Air,
    thank you very much for your help.
    I now was able to update the theme with the plugin you recommended, but after this the site has now some new problems, which I would like to list:

- The "Music & Media" menu point is now working again without even adding any changes, but now the "Albums" menu point is not working anymore and shows the same blank page.... What's happening there. Also the page seems to me empty once you enter it.

- The homepage has a strange new graphic where the images I put as home slider are just cut in a strange way. You never see my face, but the pictures you see start under my head which is very ugly.... They seem to be less high also, before they were shown all over the home page, now it covers only part of it...

- On the "About me" page I had this nice animation of the titles that where shown as if I was writing them while you were reading them, but now you can only see the html command.... What's happening?

Thank you very much for your reply.

Best regards,
    Ida
  • AirAir
    edited October 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hey Ida:-)

Be sure to update bundled plugins also, as many features were moved to companion plugin due to WordPress requirements https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/installation-updating/updating-bundle-plugins/

Most important is Apollo13 Framework Extensions - you should have it in version 1.4.4

After you do this most of issues should be fixed.

Let me know how it went.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    In the case of theme header, after you update the plugin as I have explained above, go to customizer, and make sure everything is set as it should.

I assume you didn't update your site for a very long time, so there is a chance that across these 2 years when your first installed theme, some default values could have changed, and you will have to adjust them.

With kind regards.
  • idaida
    Hi Air,
    I updated the bundle plugin and all menu points are now working again and the hoe slider pictures are showing correctly too, but...... the layout is totally strange now!

There is a grey background, it all seems like an old 90s patchwork website... The menu has become very thin and ugly, it doesn't change its color anymore when scrolling over it and it doesn't disappear anymore...the script for the language change is horrible (on the end of the site), my logo disappeared, the gallery has huge photos, the discography, too, has pictures big like posters..........everything is edgy.... Looks not very nice at the moment.......
  • AirAir
    It seems file with all your settings is not created, and that is why everything looks strange. Please go to Customizer and check if the preview is looking fine there.

If yes, then change any option, and then revert it back. This will make "Publish" button activate. Use it - it should recreate your user.css file - there are stored some layout settings.

If not, check in the admin area if there are any notices displayed.

We will solve it soon together, don't worry :-)

With kind regards.
  • idaida
    Hi,
    I checked. Let's say that the main layout of the page is actually respected in the "Customize" section, but we have again the problem with the home slider photos that are visualized in the wrong places and cut all the heads off.... :-(
    Should I therefore use the customization as you told me and publish it and we will fix the home slider problem later or is there another solution?
    Best,
    Ida
  • AirAir
    ida said: Should I therefore use the customization as you told me and publish it and we will fix the home slider problem later or is there another solution?
    Sure :-)

Most important for now is that you recreate your layout settings file as I have explained before, so don't hesitate :-)

As for slider:

You probably had transparent header previously, right?

Go to Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Type, variant, background → Background color and set it to transparent(use opacity slide in color control and set it to 0)

I will be back to you tomorrow, as I am leaving the office for today.

With kind regards.

• AirAir
    I see your site is looking good, but I also see you didn't change header background.
    Air said: You probably had transparent header previously, right?

Go to Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Type, variant, background → Background color and set it to transparent(use opacity slide in color control and set it to 0)
    Do you need help with this?

With kind regards.

• idaida
    Hi Air,
    great! Now it looks almost like it was before... I wasn't even remembering how it was initially. And also my logo reappeared as for magic! :-D

But there are still a few issues:

- Gallery: what happens? Why are the photos sticking on top of the menu with only half of the logo visualized?
    - Discography: when clicking on a single album, the page that opens is not really nice as a layout... The huge parallax effect on top of the page, sticking to the smaller photo of the album is quite ugly. Is there any possibility to take that off?
    - Menu: how comes it is so thick? Is it linked to the logo size? Is it normal that during the transparency the menu points are so dark? Shouldn't they be supposed to be seen? I don't remember....
    - Music & Media: why the picture on top of the page is so thin and the parallax effect has disappeared?

Thank you again for your precious help.

Best,
    Ida
  • AirAir

I don't know if you have some cache plugin, but for me, the theme header is still set to white, so your logo is not visible currently. Check your site either in a private mode or as not logged into WordPress.
    ida said: Menu: how comes it is so thick? Is it linked to the logo size?
    Yes, whole header size is dictated by logo size, try reducing its width in logo settings https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/header/logo/

Most issues that you describe are still coming from your header settings.

First, it would be great to decide if you want to use a transparent header or header with a solid color. Next, adjust things according to these decisions.

If you decide to have a solid color header, and you want it white then you should change your logo to something darker.

Based on this we can later push content so it would start below theme header, so it will always be fully visible.

So let's start here: What color should be your theme header:
    1. Transparent.
    2. Solid color.
    3. Depending on the page it can be transparent or solid(this is also possible).

With kind regards.
  • idaida
    Hi,
    this is strange, because once I go to the appearance - customize thing where I changed the transparency to 0 it appears correctly. I am attaching the screenshots. So how comes when visiting the site it is not like this?

I am also attaching the strange layout of the discography.

On almost all the pages I like the transparency. Not on Music & Media, not on Gallery, not on Discography.
    Best,
    Ida
    Schermata 2018-10-05 alle 13.19.55.png
    1120 x 728 - 1M
    Schermata 2018-10-05 alle 13.20.38.png
    1127 x 739 - 1M
    Schermata 2018-10-05 alle 13.23.50.png
    1117 x 727 - 1M
  • AirAir
    Would you mind if I would tweak your page quickly? This way we will be able to solve it before the weekend :-)

If you agree please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on. Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • AirAir

I have tweaked your site a bit:
    1. Header variants where not fully enabled, so I have re-enabled them Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Type, variant, background → Header color variants

2. I have made your logo shorter: 120px wide on a computer, and 80px wide on mobiles: Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Logo → Max width of logo on desktop & Max width of logo on mobiles

3. I have turned off hiding content under the header for Gallery Appearance → Customize → Albums Settings → Albums list → Hide content under header.

What I would advice is to upload dark logo fro sticky header variant, so it will be visible when pages are scrolled down Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Sticky header – overwrites. Or maybe you wanted it to be invisible :-)

Check your sites, and let me know if there is anything you would want to tweak.

I have also disabled WooCommerce and Revolution Slider plugins, as it seems you are not using them, and they only make your page load slower.

With kind regards.
  • idaida
    Thanks a lot! Now I'll have a look at it!

Best,
    Ida
  • idaida
    Hi,
    Yes, indeed, I am not using WooCommerce, thank you for all the modifications you made.

Two questions left: how can I have the parallax effect on the featured image in top of the page on "Music & Media" and make the picture a little big higher? I cannot find a way to modify it...

Thank you and best regards,
    Ida
  • AirAir
    Hello Ida :-)
    ida said: how can I have the parallax effect on the featured image in top of the page on "Music & Media" and make the picture a little big higher? I cannot find a way to modify it...
    You already have there parallax effect :-)

As this is background image you can increase its visibility in page options( https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/content-management/pages/pages-options/ )
    Go there to "Title bar" tab and either increase value of Space in top and bottom setting,
    or play with How to fit background image option.

PS.
    Do you really use WPML(different languages)? Cause I don't see any usable language switcher on your page, however, one is placed in the footer and is currently invisible.

If you are not using it switch off this plugin as it slows page by a lot.

With kind regards.
  • idaida
    Hi Air,
    I cannot find the menu point "page options", where do I find it?

Concerning the parallax effect: it is not visible to me on "Music & Media".... that's strange...

I actually planned to use WPML... just didn't have the time to translate so far. But will do that! It's on my "to do list" :-)

Thanks a lot
  • AirAir
    Hey Ida :-)

Page options you will be able to find once you edit your page from admin panel. Go to Pages-> find "Music & Media" -> Edit -> scroll till you will find metabox like shown in link from previous post.

With kind regards.
  • Hi,
    I am having similar problems. I want the in home (with revolution slider) only the transparent header is shown and change the color of the text of the menus. And on the other pages the background of the header is white and the color of the menu is dark gray.

I have found in the home code css that an alert.

They can help me configure the menu correctly and solve the css code with the alert.

Thanks!!
    Editar página ‹ Franquicias para Abogados — WordPress.png
    1440 x 711 - 167K
    Franquicias para Abogados – Expertos en franquicias para despachos de abogados (2).png
    1440 x 662 - 856K

• Hi,
    Another doubt or problem:
    I'm trying to edit the Works but I find WPBakery code but I have no option to edit it with it. Attachment screenshot.
    Thanks!!
    Edit Work ‹ Franquicias para Abogados — WordPress.png
    1440 x 662 - 246K
  • AirAir

To not spam @ida with replies I am closing this topic.

If you have more questions to ask, please start new topic @HR_Fatmoon

Replies:
    HR_Fatmoon said: I'm trying to edit the Works but I find WPBakery code but I have no option to edit it with it. Attachment screenshot.
    Please see answer https://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/21346/#Comment_21346

HR_Fatmoon said: I am having similar problems. I want the in home (with revolution slider) only the transparent header is shown and change the color of the text of the menus. And on the other pages the background of the header is white and the color of the menu is dark gray.
    I am not sure I understand what you want to do. Please create new topic for this and provide this details:
    1. Add a link to your current page.
    2. Do you want to have the same header color on each page, or you want to have a transparent header only on the front-page?
    3. What this CSS code have to do with the header color? If nothing - please start separate topic.

Please also read about header color variants https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/header/variant-light-dark-overwrites/

Thanks!

With kind regards.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!