Before you ask please READ THIS

How to change the hover text with the hidden sidebar icon in Peeky

Hi Air and Daniel,
I'm using the Peeky theme from Rife Pro and there's some hover text with the hidden sidebar button on the front page header - I'd like to change this text so it say's 'More about me...' instead of 'Hidden sidebar icon'. However I can't track down where it's possible to change this.
A couple of screen shots attached to illustrate the problem for any other users to understand as well.
The search on this forum doesn't bring anything up for me.
Kind regards,
Heather

Comments

• Here's where I was looking... I tried other sections but no luck...
    Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 11.41.20.png
    1920 x 1200 - 2M
  • AirAir
    Hey Heather :-)

I believe this topic treats about same thing https://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/5643/hidden-sidebar-html-title :-)

Anyway, as this is part of the theme texts, it doesn't come from theme options, but from translations.

So either please follow the translation process https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/translations/translating-theme/
    or you can overwrite it in code.

I believe that I should probably remove this title from this icon, because it doesn't help visitors of your page, and it is problematic to change.

So maybe wait until next update, when I will remove it? :-)

With kind regards.
  • Hi Air,
    Thanks for the reply, it's good to see what the options are, I'm not sure I feel that confident with those options yet, so I'll wait for the next update if that's okay? :smile:
    The theme is really great, I think taking the title away would be a better option, if it can't be changed easily.
    I would have chosen a general text something like 'find out more' or 'click for more info' as standard text if that helps?
    Roughly when is the next update?
    Kind regard,
    Heather
  • AirAir
    The biggest thing that comes with the new update is RTL support. After that I will polish smaller things. I think it should be ready in max 2 weeks, but I hope to release it next Tuesday.

I will think what to do about this "hover title", as it was added in the first place for better accessibility.

Thanks!

With kind regards.
  • Sounds great! Happy to wait a bit for it :smile:
  • AirAir
    Hey Heather :-)

After thinking about it for a few days(!) I think that changing this "Hidden sidebar" to "More info"(as you have suggested) or something similar might be better tooltip then no tooltip at all.

Other icons also have some tooltip texts, but much more accurate than "Hidden sidebar".

With kind regards.
  • Oh that would be great!