Before you ask please READ THIS

Problem with Elementor / Rife Pro > Background image height = screen height

in FatMoon Posts: 293
Hi Air

It's been a while without having to stress you guys :)
But now I ran into a new problem that doesn't seem to make sense to me: When I set a section height to fit the height of the screen it works fine in desktop view.. as soon as I go into tablet or mobile view the background image disappears... any idea? You can look at it here: https://lunique-foundation.org/lunique-foundation-home/

Thanks for your help
Pascal

Comments

• edited January 2019 Posts: 422
    Hello Pascal!

Are you sure that this section is not hidden on the mobiles? ;)
    Let's try with this first and check (similar to my example screenshot) how it looks in "Visibility section". Everything should be marked as unchecked.
    Let me know what you have there :)

With regards
    Daniel
    screenshot-rifetheme.com-2019.01.29-10-07-54.png
    1489 x 721 - 192K
    Post edited by Daniel on
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Hi Daniel
    Thanks for the input.. unfortunately these settings were correct and the problem remains even if I go back and forth to save it again... any other inputs?
    Pascal
    If you can, send me temporary access to your wp installation. Of course, send me this via Private Message :)

Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Done.. thanks for your help!
    It looks like the full height is not working on mobiles, so I added bottom padding to simulate content :)

Should be good now.
    With Regards
    Daniel
    screenshot-lunique-foundation.org-2019.01.29-12-09-25.png
    1392 x 828 - 403K
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Thanks a lot for that quick work around!
    But doesn't it seem weird that it doesn't work on mobiles? There's no mention of it while other things (for instance Fixed Scroll behavious is mentionned as not working on mobiles).. also there is no option for mobile in section height.. so it doesn't make sense to have it?

Thanks, Pascal
    From what I see here: https://github.com/pojome/elementor/issues/630 it is an old problem.
    I never saw that because I always have been adding content to sections in this full height option ;)

Daniel
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Another question.. sorry about that.. but I also tried to add the padding to tablet view and it doesn't seem to do any changes there.. did you add some css? Or why doesn't the padding work on tablet view?
    No, there is no Custom CSS, just paddings from my previous screenshot.
    From what I see Fit Screen works fine on tablet view, so there is no need to add paddings there.

Or maybe you see something I don't see ;)
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Not sure :smiley: but this is what I see (see screenshots) mobile vs tablet view?
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-29 um 12.50.22.png
    501 x 809 - 405K
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-29 um 12.50.31.png
    828 x 907 - 844K
    That's odd because I see full height section in tablet view.
    Crazy things are going on ;)
    screenshot-lunique-foundation.org-2019.01.29-13-52-21.png
    828 x 1167 - 1M
    Lead Graphic Designer
    This is more than weird.. any suggestions? Because when I open the page in a broswer (Chrome) and resize the window the tablet view is wrong as well....
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 422
    In my browsers (Chrome and Firefox) it looks good. Please check it your another browser like Firefox. We must exclude that it is not a single browser error.
    Post edited by Daniel on
    Lead Graphic Designer
    Hi Daniel
    It must have been some kind of cache issue.. I already had experienced this in Elementor in other situations .. after clearing ache rebooting computer and restarting the browser I now also see the correct (the same) as you do..
    Thanks for your help!
    Pascal