Before you ask please READ THIS

Rife Cropps design Works header question

in Rife Posts: 11
Working with the Works pages, I like the horizontal image header, but would like the menu to overlay the image as it does on the front page. Can this be done? If so, how?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

If you mean the Works list page, you have the option Appearance → Customize → Works Settings → Works list → Hide content under header.

If you mean single Work then in each work you have an option in Work Details → Header → Hide content under header : https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/content-management/albums-works-post-types/album-options/

Use it to make your dream happen :-)
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 11
    That does not seem to be working today. I had it working yesterday (I studied the settings for the Apple Watch post in the demo design). I have the Work Detail set to hide content under header, as well as the Single Work Post under Customize. What am I missing?
    Post edited by 39frames on
  • AirAir
    Please show me the link to your page that is the problem, cause maybe you mean something else.

With kind regards.
  • It's behind a maintenance mode "Coming Soon" page at the moment How best to get you the log-in? For some reason that I still can't identify, the menu overlay is working today. I don't believe I changed anything related to that function, but maybe there's something I'm not seeing.
  • New Works problem. I don't seem to be able to edit the Works List page ("Portfolio") at all. I can change the parameters in Appearance, but when I try to open the page in Elementor, I get this error message:

"Sorry, the content area was not found on your page. You must call 'the_content' function in the current template in order for Elementor to work on this page."

Is it editable?

I have something worked out that is OK using just appearance, but I'm most interested in limiting the categories that are presented to the user for sorting. How can I control them?
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

If you have more then one case to talk about then please add every case in a separate topic(read more here), cause if this topic will have more then 3 answers, it will make chaos by answering to different points of the first question. I believe you can imagine this :-)

Back to questions:
    39frames said: How best to get you the log-in?
    Please send me temporary* access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on. Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

*temporary - please delete this account after I am done, for your safety!
    39frames said: For some reason that I still can't identify, the menu overlay is working today.
    What menu overaly have to do with all things in this topic?:-)

If you are seeing things working and not working randomly, there is a chance you have some JavaScript error.
    I will check that once that I am logged in.

39frames said: New Works problem. I don't seem to be able to edit the Works List page ("Portfolio") at all. I can change the parameters in Appearance, but when I try to open the page in Elementor, I get this error message:

"Sorry, the content area was not found on your page. You must call 'the_content' function in the current template in order for Elementor to work on this page."
    To solve it, please first go and edit Works list page, and add some content in normal editor. Save changes. Now you will be able to edit this page in Elementor.

I will try to fix it for the next version.
    39frames said: I have something worked out that is OK using just appearance, but I'm most interested in limiting the categories that are presented to the user for sorting. How can I control them?
    Why you are using categories if you don't want to display them?

Currently, you could hide them with CSS probably.

Another option:
    Possibly you could organize your categories in subcategories, and create one subcategory that will list only categories that you want to show.
    Read more here https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/content-management/albums-works-post-types/adding-multiple-albums-list-and-album-categories/

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Thanks for the link to your page.

If you want the header to overlay on images or filter, then you will have to disable title bar of Works list.

Go to Appearance → Customize → Works Settings → Works list – title bar and disable it.

Are we any closer now to what you want?:-)

With kind regards.