Before you ask please READ THIS

unsharp pictures (retina devices)

Hi there,

we have purchased the OneLander theme. Because we want to have sharp pictures on retina devices (smartphones, macbooks, tablets etc.) we have installed the Wordpress Plugin "WP Retina 2x". Our source images have a very high resolution. It seems the Plugin has absolutely no effect.
Have you implemented the Retina support in this template?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

Could you tell me in which place exactly you are facing this issue? Maybe in Theme Slider?
    A link would help a lot!

With kind regards.
  • Hi!

I first noticed this issue at the Team-Section. You can also see this at your official example:
    https://rifetheme.com/onelander-3/#team

• AirAir

Thanks for the link. I will check if this Retina plugin has some API that could switch images on the fly when it detects Retina screen. I will keep you informed, probably next week.

With kind regards.
  • Thanks for your reply. Hopefully you can implement the support for this plugin soon.
  • AirAir

I have checked case with this plugin support, and it seems that there is nothing I can do, as it relies on a different feature of WordPress.

I will check what I can do to implement this feature, and then retina images should work without any plugin(I suppose).

However, still, I can not give you any date on this, as I have many higher priority things to do first.

With kind regards.
  • Hi there,

I have figured out most of the problems. Now the only unsharp part is the Team-Section like I have said before. It is unsharp even on non retina displays.
    This has nothing to do with the Retina plugin.

Strangely when you edit the template (not the website itself) with elementor, the photos look very sharp.

Hope you can figure this out.

Thank you in advance!
  • AirAir

If you are using the same shortcode as in the demo that you have linked, you can change max width param in shortcode to receive sharpaer images:

[a13fe-post-list type="people" orderby="date" order="DESC" posts="3" columns="3" max_width="2050"]

Try it and let me know did it help.

With kind regards.
  • Great! That did the trick! Thank you very much!