Before you ask please READ THIS

Slider Revolution Issue (Mute Sound) Rife Pro

in Rife Posts: 293
Hi Air

I am in the process of rebuilding a site from fatmoon to rife pro using elementor. In the fat moon theme I have a fullscreen youtTube video playing including a mute/unmute btn to toggle the sound. I have imported that exact same slider and placed it into elementor using the Shortcode widget.. video is fine but when clicking the sound button the video disappears (the button works fine)... can you please help? It's pretty urgent unfortunately

Thank you so much, Pascal

Comments

Update: the YouTube video is set as background video in rev slider.. and the button toggles the background video.. if I change to "active video in slide" for toggling the sound the video doesn't dissapear anymore but of course no sound is coming since it's a background video.. any idea?
    Thanks
    Maybe there is a solution using background video in elementor? But the issue is I need a custom mute on/off btn for the sound in the youTube video.. would that work in elementor?
  • AirAir
    Hey:-)

Could you post a link to the site where it happens, so we could have more insight?

With kind regards.
    Oops.. of course, sorry: https://beta.metropolkurier.com/
    More updates: in elementor the toggle works fine, the weird behavior seems to be coming from chrome?
  • AirAir
    Please try disabling autooptimize, as I see the error in console.
    Also please try strat video muted, and check if it will work well then. Unmuted video might violate Chrome rules for autoplay videos to be muted.

With kind regards.
    I just did.. doesn't seem to help? And the video actually shoud start muted (excatly because of chrome & co) .. does it look better on your end now?
    thanks so much!
  • AirAir
    Still, there is an error, from wp google maps pro.

Try disabling all plugins that don't take part in displaying this video. You can also try to switch to one of default WP themes.

If it starts working, you will reactivate everything back, one step at a time until you find a problem maker.

With kind regards.
    Also I'm using this exact same slide with fatmoon and wp bakery and I have no issues there
    thanks.. but same thing here.. I am using wp google maps pro with fatmoon as well and have no issue there...
    still deactivated it to make sure.. having the exact same issue!
  • AirAir
    Please follow this:
    Air said: Try disabling all plugins that don't take part in displaying this video. You can also try to switch to one of default WP themes.
    I am not saying that I know which plugin is making the issue. Clash can happen anywhere.
    I just noted that current error is reported in Google maps, but that doesn't mean it makes the issue.

With kind regards.
    Hi again.. ok, I will try this.. I was just a little confused since all these plugins are also installed in the fatmoon version of this site...
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Elementor and WPBakery are not small plugins but big frameworks, so logic like this is not a good approach.

Could you please send me temporary* access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
    Hi I just sent you the access through p message. What to you mean by link to topic? Thanks so much for your valuable help!
  • AirAir
    I have disabled all plugins, and made a test page with revoslider alone https://beta.metropolkurier.com/test/ - issue still happens.
    So it looks like the issue is between Revo and YouTube. I will investigate few more minutes.

With kind regards.
    thanks a lot .. the "funny" thing is that they use this template for demo and there it works with chrome!
  • AirAir
    Could you embed this demo template/slider in this test page instead of the current one?
    I'm trying to re-import the original template (betteryoutubegallery.. but it's just not installing (it says its already installed (I deleted the original) and re-downloading seems to be taking ages or not happening?
    Hi again.. I cannot seem to re-import the demo.. but the video template I use is that demo where I just removed elements .. so basically everything should be like in their demo
    Unfortunately I have to reactivate the plugins as I have to finish the site today.. I will setup another test site for you if that is ok?
  • AirAir
    Sure Pascal, If you have a deadline then focus on it. The main thing for me is that we were able to found where is the issue.

Could you send me the name of Slider that you have used as the base?

With kind regards.
    Hi Air and thanks once more.. I have set up another test site just for you :)
    You can look at https://test.metropolkurier.com .. same issue in Chrome. The login is the same as you already have for the beta. site .. I hope we (you ;)) can find the solution.. If there is another way (elementor) that can toggle sound that is fine as well.. .thanks a lot!
    Oh and the template I used is called "Better youTube Gallery"
  • AirAir
    I have checked this and for me, it is different construction in "Better youTube Gallery" then in your slider.
    You are using YouTube as background while in "Better youTube Gallery" they are added on Slide.

I will ask Daniel what he thinks about it.

Still why the same slider work for your on FatMoon? Maybe it was working before and now it isn't anymore with new Chrome? I would check this on your place to not frustrate that it is issue caused by changing to Elementor ;-)

With kind regards.
    Thanks for looking Air! I have double checked the other site and it is working. Using the Video as Background Video was suggested by Slider Revolution when I was doing the site. You can check the site where it is working here https://metropolkurier.com (same loing here as well) .. since this is still the live sight I would ask you to not "unplug" everything there :) but maybe you can find out when comparing both sites?
    Thanks thanks thanks
  • AirAir
    It doesn't work Pascal. I have just checked on Chrome and it fails exactly the same way. Try on a private mode in Chrome.

Maybe it would be best to ask Revo guys then?
    You are right! It looks as it still was in my cache.. sorry about that. well, yes.. looks like I shoudl check with them! Unless there is an option where I do not have to use revo?
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

We have worked on this for 1 hour now with Daniel, and here are our conclusions:

This mute button in Revo was probably created before Chrome policy change for autoplaying video.
    Now when you click unmute button on this slider Chrome complaints, that this action was not done by the user, which is not allowed in Chrome anymore. So Chrome pauses the video(it fades out Revo slider).

Surely Chrome is wrong here, as you clicked the button to unmute ;-)

I believe the issue is in the script for this mute button. This is on the Revo side to check/fix.

As for other solutions - I don't know about any solutions that have unmute button except for standard YouTube player with all controls.

On your place, I would remove this button altogether, as it gives very little value(some chill music only) and instead of using Revo Slider, use Video background from Elementor - no more issues.

Daniel jokes that if you really need this music then you can add some music player instead also lunched by similar button - this way your video would be always safe ;-)

You should tell your client that background videos with sound are just no loner allowed as they give bad user experience, and this is mostly true.

Good luck Pascal.

With kind regards.
    Hey Air

Once more thank you so much for digging deep into that issue - which I am aware of – is only slightely concerning your theme and work! Great service as usual! I will inform my client about this and see what his decision is (the customer is always king :) .. and therefore I will do as he wants but he will at least be informed of the consequences...
    Have a great day! Thanks again