Before you ask please READ THIS

Translating footer text

in FatMoon Posts: 6
Hi,

I am very satisfied with Fatmoon, it's a great theme! But unfortunately I have one issue: I want to translate the footer text. I am using Polylang and the string is shown and I can type in a translation (see Screenshot), but it's only displayed correctly in the customizer and not on the live website (is there maybe a quick fix for this?). I don't want to buy WPML only for this purpose.

I thought about the alternative to change the "footer_text" string in the footer.php to a Polylang string which I define by myself. In general, translating Wordpress and Polylang strings seem to work (they are shown on the live website). Unfortunately I am not very experienced with php. Is it possible that I change 'footer_text' in the part quoted below to for example 'polylang_footer' and define the string anywhere? Where do I have to define this new created string, which steps are necessary for this solution and would it work?
//footer text
$ft = do_shortcode( $apollo13framework_a13->get_option( 'footer_text' ) );
Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,
Chris

Comments

• AirAir
    edited May 2019 Posts: 10,970
    Hello :-)

I don't have experience with implementing custom solutions for Polylang, however your default method that you have tried should work.

I will test it on my test server, and check does it work for me.
    csawo said: but it's only displayed correctly in the customizer and not on the live website (is there maybe a quick fix for this?). I don't want to buy WPML only for this purpose.
    Strange sounds like a cache issue, or something similar.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    OK, so after long inspection, I have found out issue is caused by theme caching options. I will add workaround for WPML and Polylang in next update. Meanwhile, you can fix it by making such change:

Go to fatmoon/advance/class-apollo13-framework.php line ~789 and change:
    $cache = get_option( A13FRAMEWORK_CACHE );
    to
    $cache = false;

Thanks for the help!

With kind regards.
    It works fine, thank you!