Before you ask please READ THIS

Password protected page only shows password box, can't edit it.

Hi everyone, I'm struggling with a website I just made.

They asked me to put some password protected pages and everytime I try to create one the page comes out empty with just the password box in it, no title, no header, locker icon, nothing.

And there's more, every time I activate the password protected option on the page and then click on "publish" and try to edit the page with Elementor it says I need to call "the_content" function in the template of that page.

I tried deactivating the plugins, reinstalling the theme, reinstalling Elementor and other stuff but nothing worked.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

If the page has set a password it doesn't call the_content function that is importatnt for Elementor.

However, if you visit your passworded page, enter a password, and you will see proper content after form submit, you will be able to edit it in Elementor.

Another solution is to disable password for editing time and add a password after you finish your page.

enricoz said: They asked me to put some password protected pages and everytime I try to create one the page comes out empty with just the password box in it, no title, no header, locker icon, nothing.
    Could you show me a link so I could see how it looks?

With kind regards.
    Hey Air,

I'm sorry for the late reply but I've been on holiday and then I totally forgot about it.

I have no idea why the other elements of the protected page template doesn't appears but here's a link for you to have a look at:

https://www.paoloilfotografo.it/album/protetto/

If you have any solution in mind please let me know.

Cheers,

Enrico
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Maybe you have set page for password protected page. Please try to set it back to default look in ppearance → Customize → Page Settings → Password protected page template.

With kind regards.
    Oh man... It was so easy, I was looking everywhere but there, I totally forgot about that option.

Thanks for helping with this stupid issue ;)

One more thing, now how can I customize the text in the "submit" button?

Cheers
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 5
    Maybe a theme translation would be the better choice.
    Post edited by enricoz on
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

You can edit it in photoproof\advance\utilities\password.php line ~13

You can also do it in theme translation as you said :-)

With kind regards.
    Nice, thanks for the support!

Cheers :)