Before you ask please READ THIS

Menu glitch on mobile and some feedback

in Rife Posts: 52
If I have sub-menus, then by expanding the last sub-menu, the entire menu can scroll freely.

Example:
If I have 2 sub-menus and I expand both, then the entire menu will scroll if I swipe up/down.

If I have 3 sub-menus and I expand all three, then then entire menu will scroll if I swipe up/down.

You can see it here: http://v2.zafariqbal.dk/priser/priser-portraetfotografering/

Some minor stuff, but would be nice if they were looked at (mobile):

Is it possible to turn the background opaque (check previous link on mobile)? The transparent portion on top make it looks like an error, when the hamburger-menu is expanded.

Jump to the Blog and expand the menu (mobile) - it's on a bright background. I'd like it to appear like this for the entire site, but can't because sticky menu uses bright font color. but if I change it, the color for the main menu will change as well.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)
    Zafar_Iqbal said: If I have sub-menus, then by expanding the last sub-menu, the entire menu can scroll freely.
    Yes, it is on purpose, so the whole menu could be accessible if it is higher then window screen.

Zafar_Iqbal said: Is it possible to turn the background opaque (check previous link on mobile)? The transparent portion on top make it looks like an error, when the hamburger-menu is expanded.
    Do you mean background of only the header or all page. Currently, there is added black background (with 50% opaque) on the whole page when the mobile menu is open
    Zafar_Iqbal said: Jump to the Blog and expand the menu (mobile) - it's on a bright background. I'd like it to appear like this for the entire site, but can't because sticky menu uses bright font color. but if I change it, the color for the main menu will change as well.
    I am not sure what is the problem here. You can change color for sticky header variant in Customizer to make it bright as well. Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Sticky header – overwrites
    https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/customizing-the-theme/header/variant-light-dark-overwrites/

With kind regards.
  • Yes, it is on purpose, so the whole menu could be accessible if it is higher then window screen.
    Oh, OK. That makes sense.
    Do you mean background of only the header or all page. Currently, there is added black background (with 50% opaque) on the whole page when the mobile menu is open
    On only header.
    I am not sure what is the problem here. You can change color for sticky header variant in Customizer to make it bright as well. Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Sticky header – overwrites
    Hmm.. I can't get it to look right. On my frontpage, the menu (expanded) on mobile is dark by default and the text is bright. If I make the menu bright, I need to darken the text - but then the menu on desktop gets darkened too.
  • AirAir
    Hey:-)
    Zafar_Iqbal said: Hmm.. I can't get it to look right. On my frontpage, the menu (expanded) on mobile is dark by default and the text is bright. If I make the menu bright, I need to darken the text - but then the menu on desktop gets darkened too.
    If you want to have same colors on you sticky header as on your normal blog header, please go to Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Sticky header – overwrites and remove all the setting there(leave empty values).
    Zafar_Iqbal said: On only header.
    It is not possible, as we can not know what type of colors are set in the mobile menu and what in the header. However, in each header color variant(sticky, light, dark and normal) you can set how your mobile menu background color will be, so it will match the color of the header. So you can tweak all those colors.

By the way - consider removing this custom CSS, as it "breaks" a little your mobile menu:
    .header-type-multi_line .top-menu{
         text-align:center;margin-top:-20px
    }

With kind regards.

• I don't think I can customize the sub-menus they way I wanted - but it's fine for now. I have much other other and more important stuff I need to look at.

Thanks for the tip about the CSS. I noticed menu being too close today and didn't like it at all. I didn't know the CSS was causing it.