Before you ask please READ THIS

Main menu problems caused by Elementor?

edited June 2019 in Rife Posts: 36
Hello, everybody,

I'm new here and from Germany. I hope that I can explain my problem to you correctly.

Currently I have Rife ProVersion: 2.4.1 running in the current Wordpress version.
I installed the OneLander theme including the demo data. A really nice theme, but unfortunately I have a problem with the main menu.

I use Elementor for different pages and as soon as I add something to a page, the main menu doesn't work anymore.

I've set the icons to be displayed during mouse-over, but it works, too, but only above the menu item and not as a single icon. In my albums or works it is quite normal to create a new page without using Elementor as well.

What am I doing wrong? :-/

A picture with the comparison:
Unbenannt-1

Thank you so much for your help!

Best regards
Post edited by mindkicks on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

Could you show me a link to a page where this issue happens? I suspect there is broken HTML somewhere, and that is why you see this quirk.

With kind regards.
    Yeah, right.

Link 1
    New page without Elementor content:
    Link 1 - NEW

Link 2
    With elementor content:
    Link 2 - with content

And what also doesn't work properly is that the main menu pushes up. You can see the difference very well here: Example in a album

The menu always has the same height when you scroll. This is not the case with the page (link 2). There it moves up. :-/
    Air said: Could you show me a link to a page where this issue happens? I suspect there is broken HTML somewhere, and that is why you see this quirk.
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

There is such CSS file added when you use Elementor : https://www.blickfrisch-design.de/wp-content/plugins/ultimate-addons-for-elementor/css/uae_custom_styles.min.css
    and it adds such nasty CSS
    *, ::after, ::before {
        -webkit-box-sizing: border-box;
        -moz-box-sizing: border-box;
        box-sizing: border-box;
    }
    This is why the header is broken in many places.

Filename suggests it is custom CSS - have you added it?

With kind regards.
    Okay, and what can I do about it or stop it?

Yes I did, but my own CSS is only about WP form and the tip from the forum here, because of the button in the albums to navigate to the next page.

That is the whole own CSS which is indicated in the Customizer:

.wpforms-form button[type=submit] {
    background-color: #595959 !important;
    color: #fff !important
    } .wpforms-form button[type=submit]:hover {
    background-color: #eee !important;
    color: #008fd6 !important
    }

.scroll-below {
    display: none;
    }
  • AirAir
    Hey:-)

File path suggests this CSS comes from "ultimate addons for elementor" plugin.

I don't know this plugin, so I ask does it have some custom CSS filed, or some special options that adds this CSS? You don't have to know the answer, but maybe you have a clue:-)

Disabling this plugin should help.

Plugins shouldn't add such global CSS rules, as it will affect every theme and plugin in some way.

With kind regards.

PS. I am off for today, see ya tomorrow!
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 36
    No, I'm afraid I don't.

I have not installed this plugin anymore. Can I delete it somewhere, if so in which file?

Many thanks for your help so far! :-)

//
    I'm all right now! :-)
    It was another plugin, but it also belongs to Elementor.

///
    I meant, if I can delete the added CSS somewhere. I know how to remove plugins. :-)
    Post edited by mindkicks on
  • AirAir
    To delete it go to your admin area → Plugins - you can do it there.

With kind regards.