Before you ask please READ THIS

Weird page being seen by Google

in Rife Posts: 52
Google Search Console is reporting issues with this page: https://www.zafariqbal.dk/bryllup/page/2/?a13-ajax-get

I don't know why or how Google is seeing it. Can I stop Google from seeing such pages, from within the theme?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

This page is what lazy load is calling to load additional items. It was specially made in such a way, so google could access and index all your items that are loaded only with Lazy load.

Without this page, some of your content could be not indexed. However, as you can see this page is only limited to content, no layout.

I don't know is there any way to inform Google that is page is used as a content source, not as a true page. However, I wouldn't ban google from indexing it.

Strangely we are also using lazy load on our Blog, but google has never reported any issues. Could you post a screenshot with what Google is reporting to you?

With kind regards.
  • Thanks for the explanation.

I've attached a screenshot - the third error "Content wider than screen" is not for this page.

Do you know if it could be related to Autoptimize plugin, where it's also possible to enable lazy loading? It's only for images, though.
    Screenshot_2019-07-12 Mobile Usability.png
    424 x 390 - 11K
  • AirAir
    Zafar_Iqbal said: Do you know if it could be related to Autoptimize plugin, where it's also possible to enable lazy loading?
    We sometimes get similar error report on some pages, but when I get to search console, there is no bug anymore. It seems like google reports it when there was some bug while loading page, and it could be even delayed CSS file.

With Autoptimize it is possible, depending on options that are switched on. If you get this error constantly, then I would suggest turning off Autoptimize and ask Google to recheck the page.

With kind regards.
  • I'll assume it was just a temporary thing with Search Console. I've seen that happen before :smile: