Before you ask please READ THIS

Elementor - theme missing files

Hello there,

I have purchased & installed your PhotoProof theme & child theme. However, the Elementor is not working, can you be of a help please? First it just said it can't load the preview, so according to their how-to I have enabled the safe mode (didn't help), then switched to 2019 theme and back to PhotoProof as they adviced (didn't help either). However, now it says there are missing files in the theme, instead of that "can't load preview" error message.

I tried to uninstall and install the theme again (since it didn't say this before) but it stayed the same. When I click on learn more it just opens a blank page, therefore I have no idea how to proceed further.

Do I have to go Pro on the Elementor plugin? Is there a way how to edit the pages without the Elementor? Is there a way how to make Elementor work on my page? :)

Further info you might need:
- WP, theme, plugins - all up to date
- There should be no conflicting plugins, I had a new/clean install of WP before installing the theme
- I did not add any other plugins, then those recommended for the theme
- I did downloaded and imported the demo data

Thanks,
Jona

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

If you are trying to edit Albums in Elementor, then they are not editable in it.
    However, you can embed Album on a normal page editable in Elementor, using our Widgets for Elementor https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/content-management/elementor-widgets/

So:
    1. You create your Album.
    2. Next, create that page that is Editable in Elementor.
    3. Embed Album using one of the widgets available.

Hope that helps, and this was the issue you were facing.

With kind regards.
  • Hi, unfortunately it was not. I can't edit a page, not even at the moment when I add new page. It's like no matter where I click on the "edit with Elementor" it always says the same - missing theme files... :(

I edited pretty much the whole web without it now, but there are still things that I can't figure out without it, f.e. how to edit 404 page (can't put a picture fullwidth without Elementor) or password protected page.
  • AirAir
    1. So you can not edit any page currently with Elementor?
    2. Have you made any changes in theme files?

Please answer me above question and also:

Could you please send me temporary* access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

*temporary - please delete this account after I am done, for your safety!

With kind regards.
  • 1. Yes, that's right.
    2. Pretty sure I didn't, except some photos etc. from the demo import.

Will do, give me a sec.
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Elementor Safe mode was on. I have disabled it know, and back again you can edit page with Elementor.

On your menu, the only page that can be edited with Elementor is Contact page, as other pages are Albums.

As for 404 page and password protected you can now edit those from Pages menu and there click Edit with Elementor. Please check it.

With kind regards.
  • Thank you! I did try it and it seems to be working now, thank you so much you're very kind :) Have a great day!