Before you ask please READ THIS

Multilingual Social Media Icons?

Hi!

Creating a multilingual website - depending on the language, there should be a different social media account, e.g. one account for Instagram German, one for Instagram English, and so on...

How can I make this possible?

For translating the website I´m using the plugin TranslatePress. But obviously it is not working for the social media icons.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey there:-)

Interesting idea, however, indeed there is no option for that currently.

If you know how to use WordPress filters, and this plugin "insides", you could use add_filter on
    a13_options_social_services on each language.

However, if you don't know this, I will not be able to help you, as this is beyond support for the theme.

Sorry about that:-(

With kind regards.
  • Thanks for your response!

Will this feature be added sometime in the future?

Sorry to hear that this is "beyond support for the theme" :neutral: ... those are the reasons why I bought the theme support :wink: thanks for the hints though
  • Can you please provide a link from the plugin?
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)
    provillage said: Will this feature be added sometime in the future?
    Probably not, as this pretty specific, even if resonable, change.
    provillage said:
    Sorry to hear that this is "beyond support for the theme" :neutral:" alt=":neutral:" height="20" /> ... those are the reasons why I bought the theme support :wink:" alt=":wink:" height="20" /> thanks for the hints though
    I understand you, but we explain in many place what support focuses on https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/getting-started/support-forum/#support_information

This change is custom coding for a specific need.
    If because of that you will find our service not satisfying, please contact us by e-mail and we will work on the refund.
    provillage said: Can you please provide a link from the plugin?
    Not sure what link do you mean here. Could you explain?

With kind regards.
  • So far I'm satisfied with everything else, so I can live with that ;-) You guys are doing a great job!

Ah ok, I thought "insides" is the name of a plugin.

Not sure if I will work on that, but I will share my progress if I do.

Cheers
  • AirAir
    Thanks for clarifications and kind words :-)

Good luck with your project!