Before you ask please READ THIS

Database Update Required Error Loop

csicsi
in Rife Posts: 13
Hello,

I am getting an endless loop a message saying I need to update my WordPress database (Screenshot 1); when I click it, it says I am already up to date (screenshot 2).

I double-checked and I am on the most recent version of WordPress. I read somewhere that it is a caching issue but I can't even get to the plugin page to turn off any plugins that might b causing the issue because this message pops up immediately... Please help!

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

Please login to your FTP and go to wp-content/plugins and rename each plugin folder that you want to disable to something different. For example 'cacheplugin' to '_cacheplugin'.

This will disable such plugin until you will rename it again to the orginal name.

With kind regards.
  • csicsi
    That did the trick - it was the plugin "Autoptimize" that caused the issue even though it was deactivated...

Do you have any other plugin recommendations similar to autoptimize that can help with site speed? Our site is extremely slow even after optimizing image sizes, file types, etc.

Thanks.
  • AirAir
    Just clear its cache and use it again. Such glitch shouldn't be the reason to throw away well-working plugin :-)

With kind regards.
  • csicsi
    Hi Air, I have actually had a few issues with this plugin on two different sites... I wish it would work how it's supposed to because it's such a robust plugin!

One site, it worked great for about 2 days then crashed all pictures on the site. The other site never ended up working. Clearing the cache worked about 30% of the time. I spent days trying to identify which feature was causing the issue and never reached a conclusion. Very sad as I have not found another plugin that has the same amount of options!
  • AirAir
    Indeed this is powerfull plugin, but you have to understand what it does to use it effectively, otherwise, it can cause a mess.

Sorry but I don't have any alternative for you that I could recommend.

I can recommend asking on the general WordPress support forums.

With kind regards.