Before you ask please READ THIS

WP'Site Health' Causes Error Messages

Hello,

since some weeks the new feature 'Site Health' of WordPress creates some error messages.

I've contacted my web hoster regarding this. He identified problems within the theme code, particular with the Apollo13 Framework and advised to get in touch with theme developer. Some code seems to be not compatible with the latest WordPress version. Attached screenshots with the relevant code from such emails. Hopefully this clarifies, what lines of code 'Site Health' is complaining about.

@Air, I think the very first error mail is solved as we talked about this already some weeks ago.

Many thanx for inspection.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

I have checked through your screenshots - thanks for them.

Unfortunately, I am still not sure why this could happen, as execution is totally fine and in order.

If I understand right, it is run by WP CLI and not a typical page view. Maybe WP CLI is causing some variables to not act as they should, but I never heard of such a problem.

OK it seems that this indeed WP CLI problem with running globals https://github.com/wp-cli/wp-cli/issues/4019
    I am not sure what does it mean yet, but I will inspect it.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Hey could you trhow to a test this change:
    Go to photoproof/functions.php and at line 32 change this
    $apollo13framework_a13 = new Apollo13Framework();
    $apollo13framework_a13->start();
    to
    global $apollo13framework_a13;
    $apollo13framework_a13 = new Apollo13Framework();
    $apollo13framework_a13->start();
    It seems for me that it will solve the issue, with WordPress not seeing this variable while being run by WP CLI.

With kind regards.
    Thanks very much for inspecting.

Okay, I've updated the code by the respective line in functions.php of main theme.

I will monitor if these error mails still occur and report out on this in a couple of days. Usually they come up only once a week.

• AirAir
    Thanks for the feedback.
    If I will have some time I will search where can I test the theme with WP CLI, and maybe we will get answer much faster.

With kind regards.
    Okay. Thanks for this.

• AirAir
    I have found out my production server has WPcli installed. I have tried but I couldn't make it produce the error while using PhotoProof. Could you ask your server admin on which WP-CLI command it failed with error? Maybe they will push us forward :-)

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

just talked to Raidboxes.de

Unfortunately their expert on this, called Tino, had already left the building. However, Jan helped out. However, he could only say that we should continue monitoring whether the error messages are now gone or not. He told me the exact command it failed is exactly what you see in the error emails.

Well, as this isn't news for us, this answer probably doesn't help you/me much.

I suggest, if necessary, best is to wait until Tino is back in their chat support and directly talk to him (expert talks with expert).

I'll continue monitoring and keep you updated.

• AirAir
    OK, we can try such a way. We can always exchange e-mail with Tino - it will push the case as well :-)

With kind regards.
    Just an update.

Since having applied the changes so far no more error messages. So it seems we have solved it, as usually it would have been occurred else.

So let's make a tick in the box this being solved.
  • AirAir
    Sounds great. Thanks for the feedback!