Before you ask please READ THIS

Display works meta data after first full width row

Hi,

is there a possibility to display works meta data information after the first full width row?

I have an work entry, where I want to display a full page image like here https://rifetheme.com/fatmoon-troy/work/apple-watch/

And also want to display some meta data filled in work info area. But if I do so this meta data appears over the image on a fixed place. Any way to override this behaviour? And also probably a way to display the meta data on the right side?

Best regards
Paul

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)
    paul_dekart said: is there a possibility to display works metadata information after the first full width row?
    If you are arranging your own content for works I would recreate something similar in content. There is no need to use the theme meta options for that as they give you no advantage in this context.

Your content will have exactly the same power/meaning or even higher.

With kind regards.

• Hey :)

sure, creating own content give me more flexibility. But, how can I then add works categories to my work item and display them on exactly the place I want to? They are currently only available within work info panel or at the bottom of the page.

I mean, this theme limitations I am not able to create something with exactly the same power.

With kind regards
    Paul
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Indeed, work categories might not be able to replicate quickly.

In this case, I have created such code for shortcode that you can use.

Add this in the child theme in a file named functions.php(best at end of the file):
    function a13_shortcode_work_meta ( $atts ) {
        return apollo13framework_work_meta_additions();
    }
    add_shortcode( 'a13_work_meta','a13_shortcode_work_meta' );
    Now you can use shortcode [a13_work_meta] anywhere you want in single work content, and it will print categories.

Hope this will help.

With kind regards.

PS. If you are not using a child theme , you can also test this code by adding it in functions.php file in main theme.
  • Hey,

Thanks for feedback. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work. The categories do not appear :(

Do I miss something?

With kind regards
  • AirAir
    Hey Paul:-)

Hard to say what you could be missing, as I tested this code before giving it to you.
    Do you face any error, or shortcode is printed as text when you add it?

With kind regards.