Before you ask please READ THIS

BLOG STYLE

edited February 2020 in PhotoProof Posts: 46
HELLO!
i would like to change 3 things on my single blog pages:

1. change my fonts i (title, H1,H2, paragraph) to make them match with the other pages style.

2. on mobile the images are not as wide as the text, is it possible to change this?

3. the images for "next/previous article" stretch in a strange way...

blog post example: https://www.rebeccarinaldi.it/how-to-take-pictures-of-kids-10-tips-to-get-the-best-candid-photos-of-children/
Post edited by rebs on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)
    rebs said: 3. the images for "next/previous article" stretch in a strange way...
    I have seen this happens in the past, and it was doing of some plugin coming into conflict with the theme. Please try to disable all plugin except for the Elementor and Apollo13 Framework Extensions - then images should look fine.
    Next activate plugins one by one, and check which plugin will make images go "wild" again :-)
    rebs said: 2. on mobile the images are not as wide as the text, is it possible to change this?
    Please add such custom CSS:
    .single-post figure{
        margin: 0;
    }
    rebs said: 1. change my fonts i (title, H1,H2, paragraph) to make them match with the other pages style.
    Do you mean in the text content or in the title bar? Not sure which style you are trying to replicate.

With kind regards.
    3. I tried, but even deactivating all plugins the stretch does not fix :-(

2.css works fine for image width. but now all the images are sticking together without any space between them and on desktop not all images are as side as the others

1. I mean the content. for example if you look at this blog post: https://www.rebeccarinaldi.it/how-to-take-pictures-of-kids-10-tips-to-get-the-best-candid-photos-of-children/ and the about page https://www.rebeccarinaldi.it/about/

i would like :
    * "HOW TO TAKE PICTURES OF KIDS | 10 TIPS TO GET THE BEST CANDID PHOTOS OF CHILDREN" to be the same font and size of "I believe in Love and Emotions."

* "MY TRICKS FOR PHOTOGRAPHING CHILDREN" to be like " FEW WORDS ABOUT ME"

* and all paragraph text of all web site a bit bigger

thanks for helping out :-)
  • AirAir
    rebs said: I tried, but even deactivating all plugins the stretch does not fix :-(
    Could you please send me temporary* access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on the forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create a new ADMIN account with a fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password

*temporary - please delete this account after I am done, for your safety!
    rebs said: 2.css works fine for image width. but now all the images are sticking together without any space between them and on desktop not all images are as side as the others
    OK, instead of the previous CSS, try this one:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 600px) {
    	.single-post figure{
    		margin-left: 0;
    		margin-right: 0;
    	}
    }
    rebs said: * "HOW TO TAKE PICTURES OF KIDS | 10 TIPS TO GET THE BEST CANDID PHOTOS OF CHILDREN" to be the same font and size of "I believe in Love and Emotions."

* "MY TRICKS FOR PHOTOGRAPHING CHILDREN" to be like " FEW WORDS ABOUT ME"

In a single page, you have adjusted styles with Elementor, for the single posts you will not have the same things available to adjust.

You can try to add such custom CSS to get somewhere closer to what you have in the single page:
    .single-post .real-content h2{
    	font-size: 44px;
    	text-transform: none;
    	letter-spacing: -1px;
    }
    .single-post .real-content h2,
    .single-post .real-content h2 strong{
    	font-weight: 400;
    }
    .single-post .real-content h4{
    	color:
    					rgba(0,0,0,0.33);
    	font-size: 17px;
    	font-weight: 600;
    	text-transform: none;
    	letter-spacing: 3.3px;
    }
    rebs said: and all paragraph text of all web site a bit bigger
    This you can adjust in Appearance → Customize → General settings → Content styles

With kind regards.
    1. I've done a new admin account and sent private message
    2. This works! spacing is perfect, there is still a bit of difference on desktop version : text is a bit wider than images. but i can live with that if there is no other way. :-(
    3. works perfect!
    4. Got it!

Thanks!