Before you ask please READ THIS

Header and Footer: page modifications

Hi Apollo 13 Crew,

I'm working with the Fatmoon / Zaria Ballet Theme and can't find where to change several things in header and footer. I've tried several things but it only gets worse. I've already also read this:
http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/header_variant_light_dark
It doesn't work for me.

I want to use the page "about-me-3/timothy" as my front page:

- how can I put my original logo size in the header of a page (please see screenshotsattached). The logo appears smaller than the original size. And it disappers during mouse over?

-the mouse over effect (changing of color) in main menu doesn't work no more. I've searched and tried several things and now the top bar on my other pages is red and I also don't know where/how to change this :)

-how can I turn off the Hidden sidebar and the Sign in Button in Header?
I tried with General Settings > Hidden Sidebar but this doesn't work.

-the footer on all pages has 5 colums. I don't want them all to appear. Where to change number and also text of this? I tried with General Settings > Footer but this doesn't work.

Hope you can help. Thanks for your reply!
Best,
Alexandra

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello there:-)
    Idnas said: how can I put my original logo size in the
    Logo is restricted by theme to certain size, but there is setting where you can adjust this width, like Customizing ▸ Header settings▸ Logo
    and try settings Max width of logo on *
    Idnas said: And it disappers during mouse over?
    Do you mean like opacity? There is also setting for that in logo settings called Hover opacity
    Idnas said: the mouse over effect (changing of color) in main menu doesn't work no more.
    All settings for menu are in Customizing ▸ Header settings▸Main Menu,
    however if you use header color variants, then some settings can be overwritten and can be set in Appearance-> Customize-> Header settings-> Variant light - overwrites for example, depending on which variant you use.

Idnas said: top bar on my other pages is red and I also don't know where/how to change this
    Setting for it are in Customizing ▸ Header settings ▸ Top bar
    but as previous It can also found in header color variant settings, for example in Appearance-> Customize-> Header settings-> Variant light - overwrites -> Top bar - Background color

However I am not sure that by "top bar" you mean the same element that we called "top bar" in theme. You probably mean "Header", so if that is the case be sure to check on Header color variants explanation once again ;-)

Generally if you will give me link to your site then I could tell if and what header color variant do you use, and point you to direct settings, instead of guessing ;-)
    Idnas said: how can I turn off the Hidden sidebar
    As explained here http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/hidden_sidebar - remove widgets from it :-)
    Idnas said: Sign in Button in Header?
    Customizing ▸ Header settings▸ Tools icons - general ▸ Text button - text - remove text from it and it will not be displayed.
    Idnas said: the footer on all pages has 5 colums
    Number of columns you set in settings that you mentioned in "Widgets columns number"
    Widgets displayed there you edit in WordPress widget menu http://apollo13.eu/docs/apollo13_framework_theme/#!/widgets

Hope now everything will be more clear.

PS.
    If you have more then one case to talk about then please add every case in separate topic(read more here), cause if this topic will have more then 3 answers, it will make chaos by answering to different points of first question. I believe you can imagine this :-)

With kind regards.
    Thank you for helping! Most of it I could customize.
    Hi, Im trying to change the amount of columns in my footer.
    I went to Customizing>GeneralSetting>Footer>changed the widget columns number but that didn't change the number of text columns. I;m not sure what I'm doing wrong.
    Sensibleedibles.com
  • AirAir
    @wmoarsi
    Hey:-)

You don't have any widgets in your footer, so this setting will not work for you. You have to first add widgets there https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/basic-setup/widgets-sidebars/

I am closing this topic to not spam original author with notifications. If this is not resolved for you, please start your own topic.

With kind regards.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!