Before you ask please READ THIS

Adding content above and below Albums Bricks with Sidebar

Is it possible to add content that would appear above and/ or below Albums content when editing an Album in Elementor?

I understand there are shortcodes (widgets) to use for Theme Gallery to add the media into page/ post, but my Album is Bricks WITH left sidebar content.

I want to maintain all content as it appears in single Album (media, description, AND left sidebar content) - then add another section of content above the Album content, plus additional content section below Album's prev/ next navigation.

It seems that Albums and Works are custom post types, so using Elementor I should be able to create Saved Templates as default templates for these custom post types. But Theme Gallery does not display left sidebar content, and I lose Album description content on Bricks using this shortcode widget (only title appears for show texts in Elementor shortcode widget).

Is adding such content sections above and below Albums content (bricks with sidebar) possible to do in Rife Pro? Please advise.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)
    mariadesigns said: Is it possible to add content that would appear above and/ or below Albums content when editing an Album in Elementor?
    No, it is not possible, as Albums were designed originally for different purposes.

I understand that you need sidebar of album, but as you need to alter the look of the album so much, I would do it this way:

1. Create a new page in Elementor, that will be your new "album template".
    2. Prepare there what you want to have above and below album.
    3. Between those sections add another empty section that will be divided for photos(album) and sidebar.
    4. Recreate the sidebar or something that will have the content you need on one side.
    5. In last part, place album using Our Elementor widgets https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/content-management/elementor-widgets/ in this case Theme Gallery.

With kind regards.
  • Hi Air:

Yes, I created a new page to try and recreate this. But there is no option in Theme Gallery shortcode widget that allows me to display description text of images on overlay. Is there a way to show this text on overlay (no text on hover), or below image content using Theme Gallery?

Also in this modified page, I am trying to have images move upon vertical scroll as sidebar (with project description) stays stationary in this content section only. Is there a way to do this for section?

Please advise.
  • AirAir
    Hey:-)
    mariadesigns said: Is there a way to show this text on overlay (no text on hover), or below image content using Theme Gallery?
    In Theme Gallery widget there are many more options than in the shortcode, plus it is easier to use. So please use it instead of the shortcode.
    mariadesigns said: Also in this modified page, I am trying to have images move upon vertical scroll as sidebar (with project description) stays stationary in this content section only. Is there a way to do this for section?
    I don't know of any widget in the Elementor that would act like this, but I believe there should be some element like this somewhere, however I don't know where to look for it.

With kind regards.
    screenshot-rifetheme.com-2020.08.08-14_12_45.png
    316 x 772 - 34K
  • Hi Air:

Yes, thank you for the screenshot details. I was using the Theme Gallery widget and not the shortcode, but for some reason it was only displaying titles - not titles AND descriptions for show texts. The issue has somehow resolved itself today just recently.

Also, I was able to achieve a static sidebar while still being able to use Rife Pro Album gallery by setting the text sidebar/ column to sticky through Elementor Motion Effects. New section content below Rife Pro Album section can be made visible again by stopping Elementor sticky effects to none and setting z-index to higher value.

Thank you for your assistance, it gave me food for thought to brainstorm on this a bit more:)
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Glad to hear that it is solved. Strange that it didn't work previously.

With kind regards,