Before you ask please READ THIS

Elementor Single Post Template

in Rife Posts: 293
Hi Air

For a new website I'm working on I created a loop template (using the plugin elementor custom skin) to be able to use acf in the post grid of elementor.
So far so good. BUT when clicking the "info-icon" I added in the loop design (with dynamic link to post-link) I do not see the single post template I created for displaying single posts .. the URL works fine and the "Rife rev/next/works-list" icon show .. but not the single template I started designing..
So I'm stuck because I really don't know why the template doesn't show.. may a conflict with the rife templates?
It would be great if you could have a look .. the templates show the correct content in template preview but just not for real ...
I have been using "works" as post module and set the conditions for all works template to use the template...

Thanks a lot in advance!
Pascal

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey Pascal :-)

As I don't have much experience with that what you are trying I might not be the best help here.

So do you use a single post template or single work template?

You can try to switch to some default WordPress theme, to check if the theme is the issue.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air

Thanks a lot for helping! I really appreciate!
    So basically I create a "single post" template in elementor theme builder. Using the conditions I assigned the template to "works" (but I changed to permalink to "live") .. when I look at the template using the preview settings I see what I need to see.. but when I click the "Info" icon it seems to open up the correct link but not displaying the template?
    Does that help to help?
    I added some screenshots that my help as well...
    Thanks, Pascal
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-22 um 10.19.14.png
    1158 x 532 - 91K
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-22 um 10.19.35.png
    2007 x 1246 - 484K
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-22 um 10.19.58.png
    1272 x 938 - 88K
    Hi again Air
    After doing a clean install I get a result when clicking the "info" icon. But it seems it pulls out your (rife) template? But at least something is happening! Maybe this will help you help me better?
    I attached a screenshot of my template design (unfinished) and what I see when clicking the info icon.. thanks for your help!
    Pascal
    (new link: bettina.flyart.com)
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-22 um 15.59.50.png
    1526 x 1281 - 704K
    Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-22 um 16.00.07.png
    1335 x 1170 - 777K
  • AirAir
    Hey Pascal :-)

My biggest concern is that you are creating a template for a single post but using it for single work.

I see 2 options to try.

1. Instead of creating single post template try just single - there you can choose post type for which it applies.
    2. If 1 does not work, try to remove from the theme default template named single-work.php

I suspect 1. should be solution in this case.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air
    Thanks for the input. It didn't work but your thoughts made me try using not the cutom type post "works" but simply go for "regular" posts.. and that did the trick.. probably option two would have worked as it seems that there might be a coonflict with your templates..
    Well.. using regular posts with categories does the trick as well
    Thanks a lot for your help!
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Thanks for the feedback on this. It is interesting that it doesn't work with custom post types in our theme.

Glad that you have found a solution that works for you!

With kind regards.