Before you ask please READ THIS

Compatibility of Theme with Auto-Update feature?

in Rife Posts: 89
Upon enabling auto-update of WordPress, under section 'Site Health' it reports „Background updates are not working as expected“. Next the system complains about several entries of Rife, it can't backup for whatever reason.

This is actually the very same issue I've experienced with PhotoProof one year ago. Actually I never much bothered with it, but it simply feels there is something yet not perfect. ;-)

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

I will take a look at that. Thanks for letting me know!

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I am inspecting this thing :-)

After a few hours with this, it looks like themes hosted outside of WordPress.org have no easy life with working with auto-updates.

I was able to enable auto-update on my test installation, but it never updates the theme.

It looks like when WordPress runs CRON job for updating, it doesn't know any more about the available updates for Rife Pro.

Sounds like an easy problem, but I don't know how to solve it yet. I am not familiar with debugging CRON jobs.

With kind regards.
    Okay. Hmm. Let me know if I can assist or help at a certain point. I was at least happy that this time I had noticed both aspects are interpending with each other (e.g. auto-update + sudden reported site health issues).

• AirAir
    In my case it doesn't show anything in site health part. So I wonder is it something else that is happening in your installation. Maybe something else is reporting issue.

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

I don't know. Maybe it makes sense to check if the hosts, in my case https://raidboxes.io does something special on their daily backup?

The problem message I get under "site health" is the very same I got one year ago and I still get on my other installation (with Photoproof). I did contact raidboxes in those days and asked them about this, but they just send me to the "theme programmer". They didn't see a problem causing this on their site.

I am not that an expert of WP, so that I can judge whether that's right or not.

Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-18 um 16.09.10.png
    1644 x 1630 - 236K
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

This screenshot does not tell me much either.
    It says about some plugin, but not sure if it connects with the theme in any way.

If I will not be able to enable auto-updates for the theme, it will be still available to update from the admin panel.

I am still looking for some answer in code of other authors, hope I am searching for the right thing ;-)

With kind regards.
    Okay. Let me know, in case I can help out at a certain point.