Before you ask please READ THIS

Mobile Only Menu

in Rife Posts: 87
Hi All

Is there anyway to have a mobile only menu that is different from the main nav menu?

I would like to have 1 nav menu for mobile devices and another for the desktop site

Creating them is easy:) Displaying them???

Thanks

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

Sorry, there is no such option, as we don't do any detection on the server on what device page was opened.

In theory, we could add 2 menus to code and hide one and show other, but this is also not an easy solution and would require big theme changes to make sure it will work always.

It is beyond theme customization power.

With kind regards.
    Hey

No worries.

Is it possible to use the Elementor Pro Nav Menu for mobile only? You can set this to only show on mobile but I dont know how to get the theme to switch to Elementor Nav for mobiles? Is it even possible?

I created a test elementor Nav Menu for Mobile -You can find it in My Elementor Templates on the dev site beta.xxx.vip

Thanks
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

I don't think it is possible.

Elementor navigation is replaced on page request(on the server), and there is no reliable method to detect on the server by what device it was opened.

So probably you would have to switch in full to Elementor custom header if you have such control on your navigation.

However, I didn't find an option to make Elementor custom navigation to be only displayed on mobile

With kind regards.
    Is there any update on this ticket? I do have the need for having a different menu for mobile as for desktop. Thanks for your kind help.

André
  • AirAir
    Hello André :-)

No, there is no update on this, as having a different menu depending on the device width is considered bad practice.

Also, as I have said before, there is no reliable method for such a thing to happen on a website, without relying on reloading the page after detecting device size(also a bad practice ;-) ).

With kind regards.