Before you ask please READ THIS

add sort option in woocommercre

in FatMoon Posts: 124
Hi,
How can I add a drop-down menu in the shop page to allow customers to sort by high to low, low-hight, etc...

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

I am not sure why we have removed ordering, but it must have been long ago...

It is time for its return.

Please go to fatmoon\advance\utilities\woocommerce.php line ~547
    and remove below code
    //remove ordering
    remove_action( 'woocommerce_before_shop_loop', 'woocommerce_catalog_ordering', 30 );
    I will also add option for this in the next update.

Thanks for asking!

With kind regards.
    Hi,
    I got this message upon updating. "Scrape nonce check failed. Please try again."
    And now that file fatmoon/advance/utilities/woocommerce.php is empty and my site is down.

I reinstalled theme to bring the site back up and tried it again. same situation.
  • AirAir
    It doesn't seem like connected to the change.
    After reinstall you have again removed above mentioned code?

With kind regards.
    Yes, I tried removing the above code. Same message "scrape nonce check failed" then the site is down. Thanks
  • AirAir
    It seems like it could be connected to some cache issue. Check this topic for example https://wordpress.org/support/topic/scrape-nonce-check-failed-please-try-again-when-editing-functions-php-2/

There are few mentions about it across the internet.
    Heyoo! yes, you are right. It was WP cache plugin. Now, can I edit the drop-down menu to exclude "sort by rating", sort by popularity" and sort by the latest"?
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

I know there are some plugins that enable some changes in this menu.
    Like this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-extra-product-sorting-options/

With kind regards.
    Hey,
    This worked very well. Thank you!