Before you ask please READ THIS

Cant get the sub menu to work

in FatMoon Posts: 32
Hi Guys,

Our website www.weseggs.com.au has a menu called "buy" it is a parent menu of some custom shop links. We had the sub menus working but then today it just stopped. I dont believe anybody has been playing with it.

I have enabled the Submenu/mega menu open icons and it works, it looks no good but it works.

We want it to be a drop down but without the icons

Are you guys able to give me some ideas to fix it?

Comments

Oh, we have it working on our staging site www.staging.weseggs.com.au
    The setup was the same, or at least it looks the same
  • AirAir
    edited April 2018 Posts: 10,970
    Hey :-)

Great site!

About issue: please check if option Make this item normal text(will not be link) is checked for your parent option menu item http://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/basic-setup/menus/menu-enhancements/

It looks like it is not, so worth checking. Maybe there is some glitch.

With kind regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    Here are the settings that I currently have
    Untitled copy.jpg
    951 x 584 - 74K
    I cant seem to get the example shown in the documentation to come up, there are no options in the works category
  • AirAir
    It seems some plugin is overwriting our menu functions then. I would bet on plugin that added this button on first screen shot. Please try disabling it if possible.

With kind regards.
    Hi,

I did, it is Ultimate Members Plugin. No change.

Our staging site has this plugin active also and the menu works properly
    In the documentation example it shows the parent menu as a "works". I cant get that to work on my website. Do you have any tips?
  • AirAir
    OK, then I don't have any other soft idea.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WordPress so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick, in top-right corner you will find option "Message"). In message please add LINK to topic it applies to.

By sending access to WordPress I mean:
    -create new ADMIN account with fake e-mail
    -set some password to this account
    -send me created login and password
  • AirAir

Thanks for data.
    It was " Ultimate Members Plugin". When you switch it off our "menu" options show up, and you can mark them.

As this plugin removes our options, cause it enforces its own settings, then if you activate it, and do some changes in menu and save them, our custom settings will be removed.

What I have done is:
    1. Deactivated Ultimate Members Plugin
    2. In menu setting marked Make this item normal text(will not be link) option ans saved menu.
    3. Activated Ultimate Members Plugin.

Now if you will make changes in menu while this plugin is active you will lose our settings again.

I will look is there any way that we could add our options for menu in such way that they will not be removed by any plugin messing with Menu options.

With kind regards.
    Ok cool,

Thankyou for your help, its really appreciated
    Hey Air,
    I have a similar problem creating sub-menus. I added 2 sub-menus under one of my menu buttons (wholesale). However, I don't see any changes on the front end. I've cleared my caches. How did you figure out what plugin was causing the problem?
    sensibleedibles.com
    image (13).png
    3600 x 1080 - 1M
  • AirAir

Please turn on the submenu opening icons. You can activate it in Appearance → Customize → Header Settings → Main Menu → Submenu/mega menu open icons

https://rifetheme.com/apollo13-framework/docs/customizing-the-theme/header/main-menu/

With kind regards.
    Hi,
    Turned it on. However, its not dropping down upon clicking. Also, the arrow key is on top of the word. see image
    image (14).png
    697 x 424 - 146K
  • AirAir

It looks like you have something that removes classes from menu items, and this bugs the navigation.

I suspect you have some plugin that does that. Could you check your plugins?

With kind regards.
    Found the culprit: Wow Icons
    Thanks Air!