Before you ask please READ THIS

Changing Fonts

in Rife Posts: 89
Hi Air,

I would like to change font weight site-wide slightly and I'm puzzled where to set things generally. Current font weights are fine on retina displays, but too thin for standard 1920px. Making bigger creates me screen real estate problems. So just making things bold, would be good. However, I'm not finding the right switch to hit within "Customize".

I found the respective button for headings.

Customizing ▸ General settings ▸ Headings ▸ Font Weight

Where is the setting for normal text?

Thanks in advance for your hint.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

There is no such setting, as using bold font for all the content is never a good option.

However, I can help with custom CSS if you really need it.

Could you first give me a link to your website so I could check is there anything else that could be affecting the page?

With kind regards.
    Hi Air,

link to the page is https://kuehne-lange-grumfeld.de

I do remember from our last conversation. I agree with not setting bold for all the content. I would rather prefer using a different weight of the font.

Currently text e.g. on the front page on the right side is difficult to read, especially the red URLs in it. It's a bid too thin.

Photo #1: Cheap monitor w. 1920px
    Photo #2: Eizo 2451
    Photo #3: MacBook Pro with Retina Display
    IMG_4139.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 474K
    IMG_4141.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 412K
    IMG_4142.jpeg
    1280 x 960 - 298K
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

I could argue that maybe it is not the best font for long text. Not all fonts are good for reading long text. I can be wrong however ;-)
    Maybe let's try to just fix font-weight for links, with custom CSS like this
    #content a {
        font-weight: 500;
    }
    With kind regards.