in FatMoon Posts: 15
hello again,

i have put the google fonts locally, but how can i eleminate google web
fonts?

thank you

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

Could you tell me more what approach have you used to make google font be local?
    Live link could help as we well.

First thing you could use is disabling this option Customizing → Miscellaneous → Optimization → Use the web-font loading script

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    hello,

the option below is already deactivated

there is a new folder with fonts (roboto) and fonts.css (root level)
    and this link in header.php

this link must be removed

thank you
    It is not real link, but instruction for the browser to create connection to this server for upcoming fonts. It is there for performance.
    Anyway we can clear it as you want :-)

You can either remove this line from code in fatmoon\advance\utilities\core_fe.php line ~599

add_filter( 'wp_resource_hints', 'apollo13framework_faster_google_fonts', 10, 2 );

Or add such code to the child theme in function.php file:
    add_action('after_setup_theme', function(){
        remove_filter( 'wp_resource_hints', 'apollo13framework_faster_google_fonts', 10, 2 );
    },11);
    With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    Hey Wolfgang

Please login to the forum to reply as it seems, you are sending messages to not monitored e-mail and they are getting lost.

With kind regards.
    hi,
    pls see the jpg
    gstatic / googleapis are already there
    i have to remove it because data protection in germany :-/
    thanx
    gstatic.jpg
    222 x 199 - 13K
  • AirAir

Could you send me a live link to your website, so I could investigate where it is comming from?

From what is this screenshot?

With kind regards.
    hi, you can see it here
    thanx
    gstatic-2.jpg
    1522 x 1056 - 265K
  • AirAir
    Yes, sure, but you have sent a link to our website that is using google fonts.
    Please show a link to your website, so I could see from where calls to google fonts could be still coming in your place.

The solution from here https://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/25558/#Comment_25558 is disabling the last call to the Google fonts from the theme, and it was just an instruction to make a connection to a server, cause some fonts may be downloaded from it.

So if you still see calls to Google fonts server on your website it is either cache, or some other plugin. That is why I ask for a link to your website.

With kind regards.

hi,
    wp bakery generates the folders fonts.googleapis.com and fonts.gstatic.com. how can this be prevented?
    thank you :-)
  • AirAir

There doesn't seem to be any switch in the plugin to turn off all google fonts.
    In theory not using any google fonts in the WpBakery editor should solve the issue.

I have found such a plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/disable-remove-google-fonts/
    however it does not report to disable google fonts for WpBakery, however maybe it is worth trying.

With kind regards.