Before you ask please READ THIS

Can't edit or change the Blog page, old comment widget can't be changed

in Rife Posts: 12
I subscribed today to Rife Pro and I imported the York theme. This is my second Discussion in the forum after starting one several minutes ago. I apologize.

I want to change the Blog page because there is an old (I think it is old) comment widget (I am not sure it is a widget. I am still a beginner on WP) I can't find anywhere in WP. It is not showing in the Widget section and it was not showing (in other words, it was not a problem before) when I was using Rife Free FRAME theme. What should I do?

By the way, I can't change the appearance of the Blog page. Does Rife Pro set the Blog page as not editable on Elementor as a default option?

Before importing the York theme I was using Rife Free's theme FRAME.
I changed the name of the page from Blog to Writing.

Thanks.

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)
    joaotales said: It is not showing in the Widget section and it was not showing (in other words, it was not a problem before) when I was using Rife Free FRAME theme. What should I do?
    You can disbale comments in posts in WordPress settings. See here https://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-completely-disable-comments-in-wordpress/
    joaotales said: By the way, I can't change the appearance of the Blog page. Does Rife Pro set the Blog page as not editable on Elementor as a default option?
    There are some pages in WordPress that are a "special type", and are not possible to edit by page Builders like Elementor. Page builders have to work around it and simulate recreating those pages, so they can later give users the option to fully edit them.

So this is not the theme choice, but more result of many years of WordPress evolving :-)

You can, however, create a classic page, name it Blog, and add there widget with the latest post for example. https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/content-management/elementor-widgets/

Hope that helps.

With kind regards.
  • Thanks Air,

I fixed this issue. This discussion can be closed.

Joao