Before you ask please READ THIS

Scroller Causing Images to Disappear

edited December 2021 in PhotoProof Posts: 6
Hi,

As the title suggest, I am having an issue with the scroller and scroller with parallex option within albums. I have an album set to my homepage which was working fine, I changed the images and now nothing shows.

I have attached two screenshots to show what I currently see and that the album shows when slider is selected, but I see nothing when either scroller option is chosen.

How can I fix this?

Thank you in advanced,

Jay C
Post edited by JayC on

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

I would need a live link to see it. There I could check if there is any JavaScript error going on.

Also worth checking is disabling all of the plugins except for "Apollo13 framework extensions".

With kind regards.
    Hi!

Thank you for the super fast reply.

Disabling plugins had no effect. Here is the live link - https://sarahphilipp.com

Kind Regards,

Jay C
  • AirAir
    Hey again :-)

I don't see any error, but I also don't see any image loaded in the scroller.

I suspect one of two things.

1. Path to your images have spaces in it like here https://sarahphilipp.com/assets/sites/31/ALBUMS/Best of The Best/Best-of-The-Best_DSC02750.jpg - "Best of The Best".
    I am not sure, but It could be the issue somehow, when paths are translated between scripts.

2. Too big image size, and server crashes on resizing them- it happens on some installations.

I have a feeling that this is connected to 1. Try adding a different image, even a test image and check if it will appear.

With kind regards.
    Hi,

Wouldn't these two issues stop them displaying at all?
    The same album loads if slider or bricks is chosen; the issue only arises with scroller.

I created a test album with only one image in it and it loads. You may be correct on the album naming. I will try to rename this and check again.

Kind Regards
    It would appear the issue has been fixed. Looking at the back end it appears that the images were not being loaded into the "apollo13_images" folder so would not appear in the scroller. My only guess would be because of the file naming as you suggested; though that does not suggest why it worked for other album types.

This ticket can now be closed.

Kind Regards
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

I will check this out, what could be the issue in the case of the scroller. I suspect some JSON translations issue, but I will need to investigate closely.

Thanks for all the details!

With kind regards.