Before you ask please READ THIS

Privacy Banner

Hi,
why my privacy banner is aleays visible also with i click the accept?
Tnx a lot in advance

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

Could you tell me, or show me, what do you mean by a " privacy banner" ?

With kind regards.
  • Hi,
    it's on the top like attachment
    Schermata del 2022-04-30 07-27-15.png
    1553 x 119 - 16K
  • AirAir
    Hello :-)

Could you share a link to the page where it happens? I suspect there is some JavaScript error.

With kind regards.
    In any page of site, on top, u can see a PRIVACY BANNER... ALWAYS, either if u accept or not.
    I can't open a WIDGET section too.... maybe that's linked...
    TNX in advance
  • AirAir
    lightwords said: In any page of site
    Sure, but what is a link to your website, so I could check it up :-)

With kind regards.
    sorry
    www.domenicosolimeno.com
  • AirAir
    Indeed I can see it showing, again and again, however, a cookie is being set fine. I expect something is messed up with domain settings. I will be able to get a better look once I am logged into your installation for the other topic.

With kind regards.
  • AirAir
    I have spent some time on this issue, and all I can tell is that is connected to your cache plugin. I have to purge cache to make the website respect the cookie and close the banner.
    You have many plugins that make it difficult to test every "crossing" however my biggest suspicions are: WP Fastest Cache and Aruba HiSpeed Cache , and the latter one seems to be the real issue maker. However, it can be some other conflict.

Do you really need 2 cache plugins on your website?

With kind regards.
    I need to clear the cache and the last plg is a hostbrand plugin (Aruba is my host)... if that is the last solution i can deactivate one of both... but not both togheter
  • AirAir
    Having more than one cache plugin is generally harmful to your website, and can cause many issues.

Anyway, the thing is, that somehow the state of cookies is also cached, at least it seems this way, and this is why it doesn't work as it should.
    This is not something I have ever encountered before, so I don't understand the logic behind it.

I will take another look and try to find any more info.

With kind regards.
  • edited June 2022 Posts: 43
    Hi,
    it's IMPOSSIBLE to save anithing! Please help me! The album is always in automatic save action and remains in that condition! This is a new problem. I've disabled onr cache plugin but nothing happend. Have u do something?
    Please help me
    [*solved restarting the browser. It was a Jetpack account connection coookies!]
    Post edited by lightwords on
  • AirAir
    Thanks for the info about it. Does it also solve the cookie issue?

With kind regards.
    Not at all! In any pages (like ABOUT https://www.domenicosolimeno.com/somethingaboutmyself/) always it asks me to accept!
    Sorry: the POLICY BANNER si already present on ANY pages..
  • AirAir
    I have checked your website once again and it looks that Aruba HiSpeed Cache is creating the issue. However disabling plugin does not solve the issue.

It looks like Aruba is caching result of "compiled" page and later serves this page st later requests. However, because of that, cookie that is created by closing the "cookie banner" is not respected later, as server doesn't process the code , but rely on the old "compiled" version.
    So logic checking if cookie is set can not see the cookie, as Aruba does not let it access newest state.

For me, it looks like implementing a way too strong way of caching on their side and this results in an annoying issue.

Please show them this topic, maybe they could advise some solution.

With kind regards.