Before you ask please READ THIS

Rife Pro Causing Critical Error on Website

csicsi
in Rife Posts: 13
Hello,

We keep experiencing a critical error on our WordPress sites with Rife Pro with the below error message. We have tried rolling back to an older version of the site that was backed up and turning off all auto-update features; however, this issue still keeps happening. I have backed up and rolled back our site probably 5 or 6 times now with no improvement. Any he;p would be greatly appreciated. I can also give you admin access to the site if the admin portal is working.

WordPress version 6.1.1
Active theme: Rife Pro (version 2.4.14.1)
Current plugin: (version )
PHP version 8.0.26

Error Details
=============
An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 187 of the file /var/www/wp-content/themes/rife/advance/inc/theme-update-checker.php. Error message: Uncaught Error: Attempt to modify property "response" on bool in /var/www/wp-content/themes/rife/advance/inc/theme-update-checker.php:187
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): ThemeUpdateChecker->injectUpdate(false)
#1 /var/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(205): WP_Hook->apply_filters(false, Array)
#2 /var/www/wp-includes/option.php(1986): apply_filters('site_transient_...', false, 'update_themes')
#3 /var/www/wp-includes/update.php(1033): get_site_transient('update_themes')
#4 /var/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): _maybe_update_themes('')
#5 /var/www/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array)
#6 /var/www/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#7 /var/www/wp-admin/admin-post.php(30): do_action('admin_init')
#8 {main}
thrown

Comments

• AirAir
    Hey :-)

It is unusual for this to happen.
    Looks like some things for updates are blocked or modified that it later creates this error when Rife tries to check for updates.

Anyway, try adding this protection in the code and I will add it to the next updates as well:
    file rife/advance/inc/theme-update-checker.php:187
    change this
    if ( isset($state->update) && !empty($state->update) ){
    to this
    if ( isset($state->update) && !empty($state->update) && !empty($updates->response) ){

With kind regards.
  • csicsi
    Hello, checking in to see if this update has been released yet? Thanks!
  • AirAir
    It seems that this change was released in the March update.

With kind regards.
  • csicsi
    Perfect! Do you have a specific place I can go to download the ZIP of the most recent Rife Pro theme so I can manually update my site theme? I have tried doing it via wordpress theme updates and it give me a "forbidden" error. I was going to try manually doing the update but I cannot find the newest download version. I checked Themeforest and I don't see it there. Thanks.
  • AirAir
    Hey :-)

Your personal download link you should have with your license e-mail https://rifetheme.com/help/docs/getting-started/where-i-can-find-license-code/

In any case, I am attaching your link in a private message :-)

With kind regards.