Before you ask please READ THIS

Hypershot theme isn't IE8 64bit compatible?!

edited May 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 15
Hello. I got problems to screen my homepage with Internet Explorer 8 64bit, all other tested browsers are correct. How i can fix that?

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello :-)

From what I can see you have too many items in your first level menu. I would advise to reorganize it in sub-menus. Menu in Hypershot theme is only one row.

With regards.

this problem is only in IE 8 64 bit, in the others IE 8,9,10 32bit, Safari, Chrome, Firefox...is all okay?

And thats "Contact" falls in the second row is only one problem.

-the titels from the albums are still there.
    -there is no shade anymore, just black if i move my mouse cursor there.
  • AirAir
    Sorry I don't have access to IE 8 64 bit and can't test it. Can you show me more full screen screenshots?

With regards.
  • AirAir
    edited May 2013 Posts: 10,970
    :-)

These are not full-screen :-) Also when you post, then please describe what is wrong in each screen shot, cause on two of your pictures I saw nothing wrong.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
    sorry i don't want to you show you full screen shots. But you see the problem and i will describe it again.

-The titels of the albums are still there. In working browers you must to the album with the mouse to see the titel. In the 64bit ie8 its always shown.

-the shading of the albums are only black, where are the lines?

-And contact is in the second row and i don't know why. In other browers is everthing ok
  • AirAir
    edited May 2013 Posts: 10,970
    Hehe, man this 64bit was so misleading in this whole topic. It ends up that normal 32bit IE 8 is same in your issues:-)
    dang360 said: sorry i don't want to you show you full screen shots.
    Why is it so? Aren't you here to get help? I was interested to see it mainly for menu issue cause I am most concerned about it. Live link will be even better. You can always send it via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message) . In message please attach link to topic it applies to.
    dang360 said: -the shading of the albums are only black, where are the lines?
    No lines in IE8, as it doesn't support pseudo elements good. I think that opaque color is good fall back solution.
    dang360 said: -The titels of the albums are still there.
    In my IE 8 it works OK. Live link please.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

I have checked your site, and issue is as I supposed:
    There is not enough space for menu items to fit in IE 8. This browser calculate a bit different fonts, and by that it steal precious pixels :-)

There are several things you can do about it:
    1. Make your logo narrower.
    2. Switch to wide appearance Hypershot theme-> Appearance-> Main appearance settings-> Layout style
    3. Hide some menu postions to submenu.
    4. Write special CSS for IE 8 that will make it fit :-)

I will help you with 4 point if you decide on it.

With regards.
    Thank you so much Air :)

and the problem with the titels of the albums?
  • AirAir
    As I said I can reproduce issue on my installation, and login data to your site doesn't work any more, so can check it:-(

With regards.
    ok, my hypershot was not up2date. Now i have fix it with the ie8 32/64bit issue.
    thank you Air :)
  • AirAir
    Sweet, thanks for info!

With regards.