Before you ask please READ THIS

Problem with video autostart on mobile devices...

edited June 2013 in Hypershot Posts: 17
Hi all,

First of all, I would like to congratulate you for your great job on this template. It’s just awesome.

My main problems :

1/ Video autostart doesn’t work on iPhone and iPad on video template galleries such as showreel video gallery ☹ How can I solve that ? Video galleries with Brick design work very well anywhere but it’s like there’s something wrong with video player in fullscreen on mobile devices. Can you look at it?

2/ The button to open menu for small devices “blink” on iPad. I mean it’s almost impossible to open easily the menu with this button on iPad. In same time, it works very well on iPhone… Have you got a suggestion?

I have as well some questions about customization, I will ask them on a separate topics :)

Kind regards,

Jimbo

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello Jimbo

Thanks for your kind opinion about our work, we appreciate it :-)

If you have more then one case to talk about then please add every case in separate topic, cause if this topic will have more then 3 answers, it will make chaos by answering to different points of first question. I believe you can imagine this :-)

1. I explained it few times already that iOS video player has its own limitations, and autoplay is one of these limits.

2. http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/comment/2829#Comment_2829

With regards.
    Oups, OK, thank you for you kind answer. Yes, I divided my topics only in two messages in order not to open too much cases, but OK, I note it, and I will not hesitate to do it next time ;-)

Regarding these limitations, can you think is it possible to have a little workaround, for example to show a thumbnail of the video instead autostart?

Thank you.
  • AirAir
    Hello

I don't remind to see ever thumbnail on mobile, so it might not be possible. Have you ever seen such thing?

With regards.
    I mean a picture, look like a thumbnail, most of time first image of the video, like in your "Bricks" templates ;)

Kind regards,

Jimbo
  • AirAir
    You can upload custom thumbnail for video in Album :-) Check field Video thumb on this screen shot.
    http://apollo13.eu/docs/hypershot/assets/images/image_8.png

With regards.