Before you ask please READ THIS

Support for MetaTags Plugin in Portfolio

edited December 2011 in Airlock Posts: 15

I would like that in the next versions of the theme was support for the "All In One SEO Pack" plugin. I would like make SEO in my portfolio.

Post edited by josegemar on

Comments

• I'm using the All in One SEO Pack 1.6.13.8, and it seems to work fine for me?
  • Are you sure? How do you insert your own meta title and description? I don't see the block 'All In One SEO Pack' on view detail of the portfolio item
  • Well, my need is to create my own meta-title and meta-description for each project; and currently the template does not show the 'All In One SEO Pack' box when you edit a portfolio item.
    I know that Google does not read the meta-keywords, but I just want to change an specific title and description to each project and not one generic.
  • Sorry, I didn't realise you wanted to add meta-data to Portfolio items.

You're correct - the "All In One SEO" box doesn't appear in the Portfolio editor, so you can't manually add information. I'm sure you could tweak the code to make this work though.

However, the plugin still works "behind the scenes". It will automatically add the category name as the description of the page. You just don't have any control over it.

In regards to the meta-title - most people ignore this field anyway, in favour of the page title.
  • @lanitefilms thanks, friend!
    If I have a little time, I can possibly modify the code to do so. The problem is that I haven't time, haha
  • AirAir
    But it is problem of that plugin, that it don't interact with custom post types.
    Check in your wp-admin/post.php?post=675&action=edit in Screen options(top right corner), maybe it is hidden by default in custom post type.

With regards.
  • @josegemar - did you resolve this issue. It is some thing I really need to resolve. Anyone know which file I need to customise to make this work? I have even tried other SEO plug ins and none of them recognise the portfolio section.
  • edited January 2012 Posts: 15
    @domchocolate I've not looked, I barely have time. However this problem is important for me.
    The problem is that "All In One SEO Pack" and other SEO plugins uses custom fields, but this template doesn't allow access to them in the portfolio section.
    Post edited by josegemar on
  • AirAir
    Could you give name of theme that works as you wish with custom post types? I would like to check, so we could improve it. Thanks for support!

With regards.
  • Thanks a lot, David. I'm going to find one of these themes
  • @josegemar I have found a work around. Download ROI Search Engine Optimisation and activate. Then go to settings/ROI Search Engine Optimisation. In there, select that you want ROI to work for portfolio pages and switch off ROI on posts and pages. That means you have ROI working on portfolio pages and you have AIO working still on all existing pages. This means you do not need to re-submit meta data for existing pages.

Now on a separate note - can anyone help me with portfolio categories. When I click them at the top of the page its fine. When I click on them within the preview box or on the portfolio item detail page I get "Apologies, but no results were found for the requested archive". I think its probably a permalinks/slug thing but can I fix it it?! Please help. Much appreciated.

Thanks

Dominic
  • AirAir
    Many topic around this issue here.
    Yes this is error we are working on. Update will be soon released
    More info and temporary solution can be found here
    http://support.apollo13.eu/discussion/120/links-to-categories-in-boxes-do-not-work

With regards.
  • @domchocolate good work, friend! I'm excited for your contribution