Before you ask please READ THIS

How to remove Apollo13.eu link from Facebook shares?

edited March 2014 in Superior Posts: 66
I shared my blog post on Facebook today and everything looked great except there was a link to apollo13.eu below the featured image in Facebook. I looked at the general settings on the site but couldn't find where Facebook is pulling the link from so I can remove it. How do I remove the link?

At the bottom is says ALEXNAVAS.COM | BY APOLLO13.EU
Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 1.51.37 PM.png
485 x 497 - 159K

Comments

• AirAir
    Hello

I suppose it takes it from header.php - there is line:
    <meta name="author" content="Apollo13.eu" />
    I will think what to do with it, maybe put there link to user site, or remove it. Anyway thanks for pointing this out!

With regards.
    Link to user site would be great. Thanks.
    Thank you for your help :)
    Hi,

I tried this solution, shared a link and the Apollo13 label showed up again in the share.

Kind regards
    Christian
  • AirAir
    Be sure you don't see in source of your page this tag. Maybe you use cache plugin or something similar.

Live link would be helpful.

With regards.
    I've changed the meta tag in header.php and set content to my name.

Live link is http://christianrohweder.de/

I've changed the header.php some days ago and shared a post today. HyperCache is installed but not active. Might it be possible that sharing an older post is the problem?

Kind regards
    Christian
    Hm, tested something. Four days ago I shared a link with "Apollo13.eu". After that I changed the header.php. Today I shared the same link on my fan page. And there was "Apollo13.eu" again. But when I tried to share another blog post, my name appears instead of "Apollo13". Might be a Facebook caching issue.
  • AirAir
    You can be right, cause indeed your tag is now good. Facebook cache should clear in some time, but I don't know how long it takes.

With regards.