Before you ask please READ THIS

Layerslider and Visual Composer Stopped Working

edited July 2014 in Fame Posts: 17
Hi,

For some strange reason the layerslider, and the visual composer plugins have stopped working on our site. When we open an existing page the visual composer loads but the rows with elements we have created doesnt show, when the page initially loads it just shows the code the visual compser has created. We are not able to add or change anything.

The exact same thing has happened with layerslider. We are not able to edit or add anything new in the slider. When we go to save any changes it just reloads the page, and the changes we have made have not been saved.

Please help :)

Comments

Actually even trying to change the theme settings has stopped working as well.
  • AirAir
    Hello

Have you got any clues what have changed from last time everything was working fine?
    Maybe some plugins, Wordpress reinstall, theme update?

With regards.
  • edited July 2014 Posts: 17
    Hi,

I just updated the fame theme this morning, but the problem existed before that. I just deleted the entire theme from within the folder and uploaded version 1.1.2 up, and the problem still persists,

The theme options, layerslider, visual composer etc are all not working. Even woocommerce had dissapeared when it was all setup correctly in the headerbuthave managed ot get that back up and running. It would seem updating the files does mess with the theme settings.

Thanks
    Post edited by indigoflow on
  • AirAir
    Hello

I understand. Have you tried deactivating plugins ad check if this helps some?
    If yes then could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option to send message). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

Withregards.
  • AirAir
    Hello

Thanks for all data.
    I have logged into your site and:
    1. I see you don't have any items in main menu in panel, so no menu will be displayed:-)
    2. I see you have W3 Total Cache plugins - we had lots of topics here with strange theme behaviour where this plugin was main problem. Removing this plugin doesn't solve issues right away cause of its cache. You will have to read about removing it properly and then check if problems still exists. This plugin may give profits but you have to be aware how it works to use it correctly. You can also try clearing its cache - you have button for this in its options.

Hope this will help you somehow.

With regards.
    Hi,

Thanks for looking into this for me. Few points:

1. I was referring to the wordpress menu, not the main website menu, sorry if that wasnt made clear. The website menu has intentionally been left blank as it isnt finished as yet.

2. The W3 total cache has been setup and configured properly. I have already deactivated it and removed it entirely. It's the layerslider plugin that is causing the issue.

As i mentioned we have this setup running on a separate install and everything is working fine, and ive never seen W3 total cache interfere with a theme although certainly not impossible for sure :)

Do you have any other ideas please?
    LOL I fixed it. It seems that my colleague had changed the settings in layerslider incorrectly, i'll kill him later!!!!

For the benefit of everyone incase someone else runs across this problem, be very careful with the layerslider settings shown, these mess with how the wordpress backend functions as well :-)
    layerslider.png
    1145 x 284 - 27K
  • AirAir
    Hi there:-)

Thanks for tips about Layer Slider and I am glad that you fixed your site by yourself:-)

Sorry if I sounded ignorant. We had many times such strange issues reported by useres and it often ended up as misuse of W3TC plugin.

However while being on your site I didn't see any issues that was mentioned by you, so there is possibility that I have seen cached version:-)

With regards.
    No harm, and no problem. I'm grateful for your time and support, it's much appreciated :-)