Before you ask please READ THIS

custom fonts - google fonts/typekit/fontfont/etc

edited August 2014 in Fame Posts: 7
how can i use a custom font for which i have already purchased a web license? i would like to use the brand font for the nav menu & page headers, and then degrade down to the theme presets.

Comments

• AirAir
    edited August 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Hello:-)

You will have to follow instructions of your font seller. Then you will have to take a look at your current user.css(fame/user/user.css) file, find there font used for elements you are interested in, and merge CSS for your font with that what you see in user.css.

For menu it will look like this:
    /* Top menu font */
    ul.top-menu,
    #a13-demo-switcher .before-label{
    /*font rule*/
    }
    I think you can put effect of this merge in custom CSS area.

So you will have some custom coding needed to achieve this. Good luck!

EDIT:
    As I see your title of topic now, I think you may missed font selection menu. In this case please also check http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/typography_menu and see if options there suits you enough.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • thank you! i was able to add my font & edit the user.css to reflect that. however anytime i make any other changes to the layout which affect the css (eg font size, etc) it rewrites it to strip out my custom font code, and i have to add it back in. is there a way to link to the custom fonts so that this doesn't have to be continually updated? please advise...thanks!!
  • AirAir
    Hello

user.css file is generated by theme, so it is pointless to edit it, as you will lose changes just like you describe.
    Air said: I think you can put effect of this merge in custom CSS area.
    Where is custom CSS area? http://apollo13.eu/docs/fame/#!/modification_of_theme_custom_css

Hope that will help you.

With regards.