Before you ask please READ THIS

Import demo data content; stuck on Importing Revolution sliders?

edited October 2014 in Blame Posts: 2
Dear Webdevelopers,

Currently I am working on a site, but it's getting me stuck at important data content. It will just hang at importing revolution sliders.

Anyway to get the theme like: http://blame.apollo13.kinsta.com/home/home-page-v4/?a13_demo_set=dark?

Kind Regards

Comments

• Oh and I've also tried to do the content import, but that also doesn't seem to work, it says it can't import that file.
  • AirAir
    edited October 2014 Posts: 10,970
    Hello there:-)

This is pretty new function in our theme, so there may be issues, but if you also have problem with importing valid XML export file, then something is really off.

Could you please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Hello

Zabulon gave me access to his installation and I have found out that while importing Revoultion slider sliders his server hits limit of execution time Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in ...

Some servers are configured that way unfortunately.
    Please try to change this file via FTP with one from attachment(unpack it firstly from ZIP)
    File blame\advance\admin\demo_data.php

After you change this file, please try again to to use one click import.

If it fails again then there is a chance that your server don't allow extending execution time so in that case go to blame\demo_data\revo\ and delete every zip file. This way no revo slider would be imported but you can do it later manually.

With regards.

zip
    zip
    demo_data.zip
  • Hello,

I have same problem in case of importing data from xml file. When I started importing this file it showed me error

Sorry, there has been an error.
    This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number

Could you be so kind and solve this issue.

Kind regards
  • AirAir
    @martinkollarmartinkollar

Have you tried solution that I have provided above?

Also in attachment there is just exported XML file. If this still wont help you I will have yo ask you for help in debugging this.

With regards.
    zip
    zip
    blame.wordpress.2014-10-29.zip
  • edited October 2014 Posts: 11
    Hi. I'm also having an issue with this. I am going to try the files that you have above but I also had an issue with the xml vs. wrx file type.

If you paste the following line into your export file after the Language defining line in the
    <channel> section near the topyou might be good to go:
    <wp:wxr_version>1.1</wp:wxr_version>
    That part worked for me, though I'm still struggling with the import of the revolution sliders even though I removed the zip files. I'm wondering if I'm removing the zip files from the wrong area?

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer
    Post edited by Air on
  • AirAir
    Thanks for info about this. I will have to investigate this even more cause now you are 4th person to report it :-S.
    If you can then please send me temporary access to your WP so I could check there what is going on? Send it here on forum via private message(click on my

nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With regards.
  • Hi,

I've sent you all the information. Thank you for looking into this.

Jennifer
  • AirAir
    Hello

Thanks to one of our users I got access to FTP of one site that was affected by this issue. Here is what I have found out and what I got to say about it:

1. Site was hosted on GoDaddy, which is very slow(this is factor in this case) and badly configured hosting.

2. Importing manually revolution slider is issue there, so automated installation have to fail as well.

3. Most of issues there was cause of server(PHP) setting of max_execution_time which is 30 seconds. Normally servers allow script to change this value and they respect this change as well. In goDaddy case it looks like it allowing to change this value but it does not respect it.
    What does it mean? In case of such slow and overcrowded server like this, it ends up that script is crashing constantly after trying to import post and images. One bigger file(media file) and script for importing will choke and die cause of reaching limit of 30 seconds.

4. Using export file attached in this topic I didn't encounter issue with This does not appear to be a WXR file, missing/invalid WXR version number when using classic import way. I also didn't try any other export files, so can't compare.

For sure I have to add more options to "one click import" so users can see when script failed, and can try different ways to import when it fails.

How I managed to import demo data?
    Firstly by FTP I have deleted all revolution sliders that should be imported. To do it go to blame\demo_data\revo\ and delete every zip file in there. You can import them manually after demo data is imported completely.

Next place when script stuck is importing demo content. Normally it is programed to import posts in 20 seconds rounds(to avoid 30 seconds limit). I have changed it to 5 seconds but still this wasn't enough(and server died several times). To do it go to blame\advance\admin\a13-wordpress-importer\wordpress-importer.php line ~53 and change
    	var $max_time_running = 20; //in seconds
    to
    	var $max_time_running = 5; //in seconds
    Also we have to comment out some steps of import process so we don't repeat them when trying again to import. To do it go to blame\blame\advance\admin\admin_ajax.php line ~39 and change these

'clear_content' => a13__be('Removing content'),
    'install_plugins' => a13__be('Installing plugins'),
    'install_layer_sliders' => a13__be('Importing Layer sliders'),
    'install_revo_sliders' => a13__be('Importing Revolution sliders'),
    to

//'clear_content' => a13__be('Removing content'),
    //'install_plugins' => a13__be('Installing plugins'),
    //'install_layer_sliders' => a13__be('Importing Layer sliders'),
    //'install_revo_sliders' => a13__be('Importing Revolution sliders'),
    And now is fun part;-)
    You go to Blame Theme -> Import & export options and click "Show/hide log." to see log. After this you click "Import demo data content" button.
    NOW! You watch log textarea, and if there is nothing going on for over minute you click "Import demo data content" button again(don't worry about popup message).
    You have to repeat this process until you see "Everything done!" string.

Just to make it clear - this tool was made so you could click this button one time, go make your self a coffee, and after 3-10 minutes, have fully configured demo site. Unfortunately some hosting providers doesn't make it easier for us:-)
    As I said - I will add more options to our importer, so most of these things can be done without editing code.

Good luck!
  • Firstly I simply can't thank you enough. Secondly your explanation helps for a whole host of revolution issues I have had, not just in WordPress but in Dupal as well.

Rock. Star.

Jennifer
  • AirAir
    I am glad I could help you that well, but it is all thanks to your cooperation :-)

If you are happy with this theme please don't forget to rate us on ThemeForest - it helps us a lot! Thanks! How to rate?

With kind regards.
  • Five star rating done.

Yeah!
  • AirAir
    Thanks a lot!
  • Thanks for the solution! After a couple of re-installation I finally got what I would like to have! Super! You deserve a 5* rating!
  • AirAir
    Thanks for that :-) However it sucks it gets so not easy:-S Can I know where you host your site?

With regards.
  • I host my site on a vps from FXW in Holland:-)
  • AirAir
    That is strange that VPS would stuck on import, as they are usually well configured. Thanks for info!
  • Hi there,

I'm encountering some issues in the importation of the demo content... It's stuck at the WP LayerSlide import. I saw that you posted some files to get rid of this issue but I can't download them... I bought it like few days ago and I really need it to work... :/

Thanks!
    katsele :)
  • AirAir
    Hello:-)

If you like I can do it for you. You will have to send me access to FTP and WP. Send it here on forum via private message(click on my nick and there you will find option "Send Air a Message"). In message please attach link to topic it applies to.

With kind regards.